Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 11:12 AM   #1
Ryan The Sealion

9-11 lj

arrived to cold windy weather and almost wished I brought a shirt :lol: launched waay too early and sat at the pier for over an hour b4 I had enough bait... was tempted to head north with andy after hearing the reports, but pussed out & headed for the corner.. 1st zing dropped it, (bonito marks) 2nd and last zing stuck and I C n Red the smallest YT of the year for me.. probably around 5#...he already had a hook with 6' of 30# line comin from his throat..Tighten ur drag whoever got rocked/kelped by that thing!!! nice to see the crowds winding down, only ~10 yaks out there spread out pretty good... only talked to a few others, but didn't see or hear of any fish..I'm sure there was probably a few rats hiding in hatches tho :lol:
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Ryan at least the top.......middle section of your head was warm :lol:

Nothing but boneys for me.

I once stated "My only regret in life is never having sported a mohawk"

You are living the dream, brother
Old 09-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
Dan

I have seen the tiger smile.

no rats in my hatch this morning.

"Halibut" fished off of Brokeback Beach this morning (9/12). Got picked up by a tank that ate the surface bait, and the first run had me laughing out loud. Sadly, the fish turned and the hook popped. Drive on, don't mean nothing.

water 69 Degrees, light breeze that whipped up and was chillly by 9:30, took an hour to make 1 bait under the lights, at grey, it was all you can handle. Talked to some who fished off the point for nada.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
Ryan The Sealion

andy let me do ur hair for the BWE tourney :lol:

thanks for the report from today dan..how deep were ya fishin..?
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #5
lamb

Good seeing you Dan.

Gray LJ morning… W wind was blowing steady 8-ish…

Tons of perfect greenies South of the pier. I kept looking at my bait tank and smiling…

Jasmin said he saw a nice boil around 9:30 AM that seemed like a right kind. Other than that, we didn’t have any close encounters of the right kind in that area.

We split – I went further North looking for 65 lbs halibut… I didn’t find it…. today… :lol:

Jasmin eventually headed down South to the point and found one rat for dinner.

Majority of people I spoke to had not much to report. I saw Toby and Avery on the beach – Avery snagged 11# model…

I found Hummingbird fish finder in the surf today. PM me if you lost it. Dan said he spoke to a guy who lost it... Riding blue Prowler.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
madscientist

Hmmm, kind of glad I turned my alarm off this morning. Just couldn't get motivated enough to get out of bed and go halibut fishing.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
DESTROYER

Andy- I remeber when you stated that MOHAWK comment. It's never too late brotha....Hair does grow back and I'm sure your BOSS :lol: :lol: :lol: wouldn't fire you!

TL-Matt
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote