Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #21
GregAndrew

Byron, your energy is welcome. We need any help we can get. However, at this point, the only thing the public will be allowed to comment on, if at all, are the specific configurations of each MPA. I would agree that it sure seems that anything put into law by this process should be legally subject to challenge based on disenfranchisement of the majority of Ca. residents (nobody knows about it, but it effects the rights of all residents).
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #22
Ocean-Angler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
Byron,

This is Billy V from San Diego. I contacted you this summer in late July or, the beginning of August regarding the purchase of Original Kencor Rods. I am sure I told you about the MLPA process, and what was at stake at that time.
I encouraged you to attend the mlpa meeting to view the process, and to offer public comment.

Do you recall the conversation ?
I directed you to this website at that time.

Billy V
I do remember Bo
At the time however, It felt more like a rant and rave
and the sum of the conversation I got was that some board who decided on these things was funded by the enviros who want to close it. And that the guys who were on the board, and funded, got demoded/fired
I talked to a few customers, and they tried to tell me, " well the guy was probably just ranting and raving. Stuff like that doesnt fly or get passed"
So I didnt think much of it.
The next I heard of it, was a bloodydecks email I got on oct 21st. Then it completely sank in. problem is, I live in Norco, and dont have a drivers lisence. I have been really tied up with the business and havent had enough clarity to absorb the gravity of this, until recently. Thats when I saw a torturuous inhumane animal video and got all the brilliant ideas
But apparantly WAAYYY too late..

I forwarded a format for the letter to type and which areas would be good to choose ont eh latest maps to over 100 people..... directly
and even pissed some off for not BCCing them, so they could all see each others email addresses.
Im tryin Bo trust me
Ocean-Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #23
FISHIONADO

Byron, appreciate your heart is in the right place, best thing now is for emails, letters, and showing up in LA on Nov 10th. I'll buy the beers!
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #24
Billy V

Like Dave said above....

The (2) Best things you can do now are write your letters, and attend the meeting on Nov. 10th.

We need the BRTF to see and hear from us.
------------------------------------------------
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #25
Ocean-Angler

I almost got banned on bloodydecks for putting an mlpa ad under the classified section to sell avets and get attention..
is that for real?
after all the time and posts Ive made and Bd and im trying to get support from people who dont even know what MLPA is??
WTF kinda fishing forum is that>???
Old 11-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #26
Ocean-Angler

would u say I could get banned if I posted this under classifieds here?

Dear Lops,

You have received an infraction at Bloodydecks.com.

Reason: misleading post
-------
Dude,
we are all hating on the MLPA right now....but your bait and switch tactics are even worse than the damn enviro-nazi movement.

this is bullshit, please refrain from this type of post or your privileges will be revoked.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/pr...ml#post1539424

Quote:
guys got some dirt cheap avets I got at a yard sale
the list is below

prices range from $50 - $150

here we go

OK listen, this is the most important turning point in FIshing Period.
The government is closing off all of our favorite spots and making the decision which spots to close on TUESDAY!!!

All you have to do is send an email!!!!
I already spent all the time making the email for you, all you have to do is spend about 5 minutes adding some personal info!!!
Please do!!!!!
extremely important

They are going to close off La Jolla and Point Loma
theyve already closed most of Point conecption North of ventura!!!
cmon guys!!

Pm me for info ASAP!!!!!!
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 81KB.

All the best,
Bloodydecks.com
Old 11-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #27
bellcon

Like my Dad always said...
You only get one chance to make a first impression
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #28
CurtyL

Start working out everyone. cause you're gonna be paddling alot further.
CurtyL is offline   Reply With Quote