Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2015, 01:46 PM   #1
Saba Slayer

Redondo Kayak Launch

I had a converversation with Craig (the Operations Manager) at Redondo Marina today about the 'hand launch dock' and its future.
Craig said that the dock and ramps at the 'hoist' can be used for launching kayaks once the 'hand launch dock' is pulled out.
He said the ramp will be replaced and the floats under the dock need to be replaced...remember it's the City of Redondo doing this work so it won't be done in any lighting fast schedule, hopefully we'll see it back in March.
He suggested that if you're a regular down here that you stop in the office or see one of the hoist guys to sign a waiver. Once you're on record you shouldn't have to do it again...everybody will need to sign a waiver...I'm not sure what will happen after business hours.
Good luck!

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
King Saba

Thanks for the heads up Saba Slayer! Pardon my noobish question, but will there be any cost behind using the ramps at the hoist?
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
jrip
Water dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
I had a converversation with Craig (the Operations Manager) at Redondo Marina today about the 'hand launch dock' and its future.
Craig said that the dock and ramps at the 'hoist' can be used for launching kayaks once the 'hand launch dock' is pulled out.
He said the ramp will be replaced and the floats under the dock need to be replaced...remember it's the City of Redondo doing this work so it won't be done in any lighting fast schedule, hopefully we'll see it back in March.
He suggested that if you're a regular down here that you stop in the office or see one of the hoist guys to sign a waiver. Once you're on record you shouldn't have to do it again...everybody will need to sign a waiver...I'm not sure what will happen after business hours.
Good luck!
That's nice to know. Thanks for checking. Then we can park in the same lot with the S/F vouchers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
jrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:32 PM   #4
jorluivil

I've used that boat hoist ramp before, the only drawback is that you have to lift the kayak over the fence because of the tight turn. When you're at the dock please make sure you keep your gear off to the side so that you are not interfering with the foot traffic for the gondola customers, the gondola operator had/has a short fuse and has complained about customer safety.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:53 PM   #5
hiramehunter

Thanks Jim for looking into this! I emailed the Redondo Beach Marina Office asking if they had an alternate suggestion but i hadn't heard back yet.
Do you know if there will be a cost to launching?
hiramehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #6
Saba Slayer

free

It's free as far as I know.
Thanks for the head's up George...
He's right guys...don't abuse the use of the dock. The paying customers launching boats and the gondola customers should have priority.
AND PLEASE Hoopers...don't leave a mess at the end of the night.
Craig also said that they were installing some lights on the hoists.
..." the only drawback is that you have to lift the kayak over the fence because of the tight turn."... yea, that gate is narrow and makes a quick turn...so most of you will need to carry the kayak over, especially the PA owners.
Maybe you should all stay home anyway...there's no fish or bugs in the SM Bay...! LOL

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote