Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
desilu
BottomDweller

Costa Rica info needed

Going on a surfing trip with wifey ( anniversary) for #19 days 8) . I might be able to rent a kayak from one of the locals any idea on swimbaits or lures?? bringing 15lb and 30lb gear, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Cabanaboy
desilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
dusty

What part of costa are you heading too? I fished the Mal Pais and Hermosa area in late nov. early dec.. Had good luck with swimbaits from the rocks, Big jacks and roosters. I would recommend swimbaits and Krocs. The swimbaits got hammered in any clear sparkle color.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:33 AM   #3
'Cuda

Beware the winds, I got caught in 30 mph offshores in Dec......ditto on Dusty's report.....I've seen dorado within a 100 yds of shore at Playa Samara.....there's a grass shack dive shop on the beach that has kayaks for rent and if I remember correctly a hotel on the point. Good luck.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #4
kareem korn

costa rica

Do alot of reading. There's also a surfers guide to costa rica, I suggest you buy it. We started in san jose, and drove to tamarindo for our base camp. Go across the river to Hotel Tortuga (meet with Louis the owner) he'll take care of you. Just explore. We ended our time there at the fiesta caribe resort to surf the longest left in costa rica. Be carefull there don't leave anything in your car. The people are really cool, but you can get ripped off (they watch you). Be very careful on the caribbean side (very seedy). I've been in the service and have been all over the world and can say CR is the second best place I've visited. Have fun, and again....do alot of reading before hand.
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
desilu
BottomDweller

Thanks too all the replies , off shore winds are very real, almost forgot I will be in Tamarindo I'll chech with Louis. Swimbait, crocs, poppers with normal bait tackle I'll be packing tomorrow I'll post catch on return. Cabanaboy - I'm outta here, time for some warm water :lol:
desilu is offline   Reply With Quote