Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
Mr_Fixit

Oceanside Harbor Dredging

Is it me, or dredging operations totally screw up Fishing?! Looks like they started dredging Oceanside Harbor again, this time to replenish the beaches. It seems fishing is always bad in the harbor when they do this.

How long does it take for the fishing to return to normal after dredging? Does anyone have any idea how long they are going to be dredging the harbor?
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #2
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Fixit View Post
Is it me, or dredging operations totally screw up Fishing?! Looks like they started dredging Oceanside Harbor again, this time to replenish the beaches. It seems fishing is always bad in the harbor when they do this.

How long does it take for the fishing to return to normal after dredging? Does anyone have any idea how long they are going to be dredging the harbor?
I've had some great fishing with bait when they are dredging all the harbors, ghost shrimp. clams, inn keeper worms, they all work as they are being dredged up and circulate in a cloudded area. Don't gice up just experiment. The dredge is putting fresh bait into the water, so...............

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:19 AM   #3
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
I've had some great fishing with bait when they are dredging all the harbors, ghost shrimp. clams, inn keeper worms, they all work as they are being dredged up and circulate in a cloudded area. Don't gice up just experiment. The dredge is putting fresh bait into the water, so...............
I would 100% agree with this.

Different water type, but some of the lakes in AZ get some pretty heavy weed growth and to keep the swimmers and party boaters happy, the state/muni does a similar process and clears up the vegetation. When that happens, reaction baits absolutely KILL in the muddy and cloudy waters.
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:32 AM   #4
Dirty Curti

They hope to complete dredging by Memorial day. Just head out to the AR's

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:31 PM   #5
Mr_Fixit

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Thanks Bob. So, I never heard of inn keeper worms. Ghost shrimp, yeah, heard of them. No idea where to get either. Suggestions?
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:56 PM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Fixit View Post
Thanks Bob. So, I never heard of inn keeper worms. Ghost shrimp, yeah, heard of them. No idea where to get either. Suggestions?
Get a ghost shrimp pump, and sucky in the holes you see in the sand in the bays. Only allowed 48 or 50 so be careful. Inn keeper worms look like your dingaling only bigger. Als a smaller peanut worm and maybe pencil clam too but not sure if they are legal to take. Even used night crawlers and crawdads.
Experment gulp might wotr too. Tight lines..

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote