Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #61
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Billy V;96823]If you have a witness that saw the girl lift the drive from kayak, and get into the brown Ford truck Ca. lic#8W0805 - the police will absolutely take the complaint.

Go to SDPD Northern Division and sign a criminal complaint.
4275 Eastgate Mall 92037

Its a simple procedure and an easy go from there....[/B]
-------------------------------------------
This would put more lumps on his head than a baseball bat - trust me.
- An easy 5 G's just to say "Hello" to a criminal lawyer.

It will definitely cost him Much More if he has Any kind of previous conviction - for anything.
-At least 1 year of dealing shit while being tossed in "The System".
-A nice permanent Felony on his record, That means Bye Bye any guns you own, bye bye any bonded or reputable job you have - Not to mention being precluded from any worth while employment - Forever.
- And that goes for The Both of them - Mr. and Mrs. Douchebag.
-----------------------------

But wait - There's More Fun to Come.
Big Fines, County Jail As*rape, and More.

-------------
Its easy to crack his head - hell, we all want to do that - but way too many words have already been posted on the internet about it.
You're a friend and I don't want you to go from 'the right" to wrong.

If an act of god happens after that - well, what can I say - sh*t happens
Old 10-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #62
pchen911

I saw the drive on the grey outback off of craigslist.

I am guessing it's not yours since it has the original fins, not turbo fins. But if you would like to see the photo and ID it for yourself, PM me your email and I will forward it to you.
pchen911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #63
DESTROYER

Looks of it to me is he stole it for himself. He knew exactly what he was looking for. It looked like the girl was originally holding a small child.

I hope they catch that Ass Clown!
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #64
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
This would put more lumps on his head than a baseball bat - trust me.
- An easy 5 G's just to say "Hello" to a criminal lawyer.

It will definitely cost him Much More if he has Any kind of previous conviction - for anything.
-At least 1 year of dealing shit while being tossed in "The System".
-A nice permanent Felony on his record, That means Bye Bye any guns you own, bye bye any bonded or reputable job you have - Not to mention being precluded from any worth while employment - Forever.
- And that goes for The Both of them - Mr. and Mrs. Douchebag.
I agree these are very great points of consequences that normal intelligent people might consider, but normal intelligent people, and even normal non-intelligent people are not the ones stealing mirage drives...
this guys probably a tweaker, he does not feel these "lumps to the head" like normal people...he has no money, so you and I will most likely foot his "hello to lawyer bill", as well as pay for his county jail time, and his unemployment, and his "recovery/ rehabilitation stay at the nearest place" since he will plea bargain it down to a drug related offense, and his future social security benefits he will collect, etc... he could care less about being in jail, it is more comfortable than where he probably lives, and he obviously has a good handle on the system. And if he owned a gun he would have sold it and would not be stealing cheap mirage drives when there are things worth much more money at hand. He is too stupid or short sighted to see these things or even notice a web camera, or witnesses at an extremely popular beach spot. That is why he did it in the first place he cannot think things through properly.
So lets help him see things clearly with a little knock upside the head!
Would probably do more to get his attention than any of the other things!

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #65
Darkstar

probably can find him here.....

http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wij.aspx

Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #66
ryan111

WOW SO SORRY!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #67
Kailolo

I'm guessing he wanted the Mirage drive for his own grey hobie, since I am certain he was paddling not peddling when we launched that morning and when I saw him later on the water.

Would not be surprised if he had stolen that grey hobie as well!! Possibly a previous owner had taken the mirage drive in hand to a street-parked car/truck, while leaving the grey hobie on the beach--ripe for a fast load n' road! So then our thief needed a mirage drive to complete his illegal set-up!
Kailolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #68
roby
CEO of Team Roby

BASTARDS!!!

Sorry to hear about this. I hope things work out....
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #69
da22y

Counter measure...

I will now cart wheel my kayak , and claw lock my truck tire, chained and lock my steering wheel to the seat from now on.

Nothing is safe these days.....
da22y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #70
-scallywag-
Banned

Thanks everyone!!
Just do me a favor and if you see this guy, let the the police do their job (). I'm pissed too, but don't put your life, liberty or family at risk by doing something illegal...as fun and justified as it may sound, it's not worth it!

UPDATE:
Thanks to everyone on this site I was able to print out the still images, the similar truck photo, eyewitness contact info, exc....I also went thru an hr or two of not so exciting fishing video (forgot how many fish I farm) and found a good shot of my peddle sn#'s, thank god for HD video!!

I'm meeting with a detective tomorrow to hand over all the info WE"VE collected....also included the reciept for the replacement pedals showing that they are indeed worth over $500.
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #71
T-Rex

Good luck getting your stuff back. Hopefully the detective will move quickly in arresting this worthless scum bag. I'll keep an eye open for the truck in OC.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #72
roadx

sorry to hear about all the inconvenience this has caused you.

i feel so vulnerable leaving the yak because most of the time i fish alone.

so,,, if i happen to ask you to keep an eye on my yak while im gone it's greatly appreciated. this thread has me feeling a little better that there are people watching.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:35 AM   #73
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Scally, if you have homeowner's or renter's insurance, you should submit a claim. This kind of loss is usually covered by those policies.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:41 AM   #74
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Scally, if you have homeowner's or renter's insurance, you should submit a claim. This kind of loss is usually covered by those policies.

Bob
Only valuable personal property MIGHT cover it. 99% of the time, renters insurance will only cover theft if you are WITHIN arms length of the item that was stolen, leaving it in the open, unattended or unsecured will usually be in the clause.

For example, if my kayak gets stolen off the roof of my car, it will be covered if it was locked down, however if it wasn't, it wont be covered.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #75
deepdvr

Typical deductible on a homeowner's/renter's policy is at least $500. Don't burn your claim unless it is a whopper. Now maybe if your garage got burglarized and you lost your $3k golf clubs, your PA and your REVO plus all of your rods/reels, tools and your ABBA vinyl collection....then I say go ahead and make that claim.

Sorry to hear about that sh*t Scally.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #76
Deamon

Definitely keep us updated. Knowing our system...it won't be a felony...I hope they nail him.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #77
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

My eyes are peeled I will be on the hunt when I am there. He will not go free!
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #78
Drake

Take out a no-deductable Valuable Personal Property Insurance policy. I have all my camera equipment, my kayak, art work and stuff on it. About 25k worth of coverage for $161/year
Old 10-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #79
Kailolo

Update?
Did you use the lic. plate # to get a name?
Kailolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #80
SD92101
Junior

Exclamation LJ thief

Let me know if you don't get movement on your case #
SD92101 is offline   Reply With Quote