Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
B Slate

Camping/ kayak fishing Catalina

I am interested in doing a camping/kayak fishing trip to little harbor. I have herd that you can take your kayak on the Catalina Flyer out of Marina Del Ray to catalina and then paddle to little harbor campground. Has anyone ever done this before or know where I can find more information on it.
Thanks in advance
B Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

I know of a few that have done it

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ht=catapalooza

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ht=catapalooza
Old 02-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
B Slate

Any of these trips scheduled for this year? looks like a fun trip in a cool place.
B Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
brandonplum
Junior

I took a kayak camping fishing trip last September and it was a lot of fun. Took my Dad and my son (7) and we all had a great time. Fishing was just ok, not great. Our first attempt was to paddle from two harbors to parson's landing, but wind, swell, current said no. We ended up staying at two harbors campground which was ok. Nice to be close to two harbors where there is a restaurant and store. Little harbor is windward side and might be tough to get to. The ferry was expensive with the kayaks and the trip from Marina del Rey to Two Harbors is a loing trip because they go thru Avalon. Overall, I'd do it again, stay at Two Harbors campground one night then go to Parson's. Make reservations well in advance and try to get a spot close to the water. Have fun.
brandonplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Any of these trips scheduled for this year? looks like a fun trip in a cool place.
Catapalooza 09 is in the works for May.
Unfortunately as of right now I am already over booked with 33 people. Last year we were limited to 30 on the Flyer. I am hoping to talk them into allowing 40 this year. If there are spots to fill I'll post em here.......3 months to go.