Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #21
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty pirate View Post
I brought the new transducer with me to test today. I hung it over the side like you said (had high hopes) it did the same thing. amp scope goes blank past 100ft. I cant believe I'm the only one with this problem.
Damn!!!

I'm going to do some reading and try and figure it out.

First off what mode is it set at? General? Freshwater? Clear water? etc...
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #22
salty pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
X2. There the difference between 83/200 transducer and 50/200 transducer is like night and day.
This looks good to me except the amp scope. Do you have any screen shots so I can see what i'm missing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen030.jpg (199.2 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg Screen027.jpg (88.2 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg Screen032.jpg (69.4 KB, 327 views)
File Type: jpg Screen033.jpg (85.8 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg Screen035.jpg (157.6 KB, 326 views)
salty pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
salty pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskadoro View Post
Damn!!!

I'm going to do some reading and try and figure it out.

First off what mode is it set at? General? Freshwater? Clear water? etc...
I have it in the freshwater mode. I have also tried general use and deep water. did the software update. did a restart of the software. put it in advanced mode. reset everything do default. played with every setting that there is on the thing. all the same result. been goin through it with tech support doing what they say and testing it 1-2x per week. If you can think of anything else let me know.

Please can anyone else who has the same unit get a screen shot of the amp scope working? It must be a conspiracy!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #24
salty pirate

bump for the screen shot of one of these units actually working.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #25
Dannowar

Did you try a soft reset?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #26
icelogger

I went out in 100+ FOW and I had the same issue with amplitude not showing.
I was able to get down to 111 before it stopped reading. When the screen automatically switched to a deeper screen range I lost amplitude at those depths. I've noticed the screen range automatically switches sometimes around 100 and other times around 110 depending on speed of travel.

Red decks.
icelogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #27
CR Yaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelogger View Post
I went out in 100+ FOW and I had the same issue with amplitude not showing.
I was able to get down to 111 before it stopped reading. When the screen automatically switched to a deeper screen range I lost amplitude at those depths. I've noticed the screen range automatically switches sometimes around 100 and other times around 110 depending on speed of travel.

Red decks.
Why is the amplitude so important on depths over 100ft.? Your still getting the depth and detail, right?
What are you reading in the amplitude that can't be viewed on the screen?

Last edited by CR Yaker; 08-19-2013 at 08:49 AM.
CR Yaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #28
salty pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Yaker View Post
Why is the amplitude so important on depths over 100ft.? Your still getting the depth and detail, right?

You sound like you work for Lowrance. $750 for a ff that should work to 1000ft. only works to 100ft.

Sorry to here that Icelogger. This confirms that lowrance SUCKS. I can only recommend you take it back before it's to late.

I lucked out and am sending the unit back to basspro for a full refund! Basspro is a cool company they are taking back the ff that is 6 months old when there store policy is 30 days on electronics. Wow I could not recommend a company like Basspro enough, they have been great!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #29
CR Yaker

Quote:
You sound like you work for Lowrance. $750 for a ff that should work to 1000ft. only works to 100ft.

Sorry to here that Icelogger. This confirms that lowrance SUCKS. I can only recommend you take it back before it's to late.

I lucked out and am sending the unit back to basspro for a full refund! Basspro is a cool company they are taking back the ff that is 6 months old when there store policy is 30 days on electronics. Wow I could not recommend a company like Basspro enough, they have been great!
You sound like you work for Hummingbird. I was just asking a question. Take it you don't have an answer other than you like to see the different colors on the right side of the screen (amplitude)???
Thought I might be missing some key cryptic information in the amplitude that would enhance my fishing experience. Guess not??

Last edited by CR Yaker; 08-19-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #30
salty pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Yaker View Post
You sound like you work for Hummingbird. I was just asking a question. Take it you don't have an answer other than you like to see the different colors on the right side of the screen (amplitude)???
Thought I might be missing some key cryptic information in the amplitude that would enhance my fishing experience. Guess not??

Sorry I didn't mean to come off like an ass. Its just, that is basically what Lowrance told me.

here is one instance you want your amp scope working. say you are fishing 120ft of water drifting for wsb with you bait on the bottom all the sudden you start to see a section of the amp scope with a thick yellow bar at 60 ft. well I want to get my bait to that depth asap.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #31
CR Yaker

Quote:
Sorry I didn't mean to come off like an ass. Its just, that is basically what Lowrance told me.

here is one instance you want your amp scope working. say you are fishing 120ft of water drifting for wsb with you bait on the bottom all the sudden you start to see a section of the amp scope with a thick yellow bar at 60 ft. well I want to get my bait to that depth asap.
No problem, okay, I'm seeing what your saying. But don't you also get the image on the screen? Or does the amplitude scope add something more?
Thanks
Mark
Old 08-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #32
Siebler

Eli,

Lucas from Lowrance should be in contact with you soon. I passed along to him your email along with this thread to see what he can do on a more personal level.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #33
salty pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Eli,

Lucas from Lowrance should be in contact with you soon. I passed along to him your email along with this thread to see what he can do on a more personal level.
Thanks Siebler! Unfortunately I literally just got back from dropping off the box for return. I would love to hear form someone with inside info. I really loved the layout of the elite-7 over all the other ones I played with at the store and am more than willing to buy the same unit if I can get some proof that they work.

Good lookin out
Old 08-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #34
Siebler

Sounds like there may be another software update but he needed more info from you on the problem to see if this will fix it. Hopefully you guys can figure it out!

OEX Sells hundreds of Lowrance units every year and would not carry anything else. Our experience with their units and the company have been outstanding. Their relationship with kayak fishing is becoming one of the strongest with support from Hobie and Malibu i see these guys growing to better meet the needs of this industry.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #35
icelogger

Here are a few screen shots to show my amplitude findings. FYI, my screen shots look different because I have fish id ON in these pictures.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #36
dmrides

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelogger View Post
Brrr
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #37
salty pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Sounds like there may be another software update but he needed more info from you on the problem to see if this will fix it. Hopefully you guys can figure it out!

OEX Sells hundreds of Lowrance units every year and would not carry anything else. Our experience with their units and the company have been outstanding. Their relationship with kayak fishing is becoming one of the strongest with support from Hobie and Malibu i see these guys growing to better meet the needs of this industry.
I got a call from Lucas today. Nice guy, he told me he has a fix and emailed it to me. The fix should be available sometime soon on their website.

I plan on buying another unit with the 83 transducer as soon as I get the refund from the one I sent back. I wish I had been a little more patient before sending it back. Oh well I learn by living.

My finale conclusion lowrance does NOT suck.

thanks ice logger for posting the screenshot. check your email!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #38
icelogger

Thanks for the email Eli. I'm glad Lowrance has a fix for that. This unit is starting to grow on me. It produced more fish today.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:00 AM   #39
Big Daddy
Junior

Man I'm glad they don't suck... I just bought one. LOL. I am having problems mounting the TD in the Malibu slot, as the transducer I got is larger than the recessed part. I got it from Andy and just sent him an email regarding a possible swap for the smaller TD.

Quote:
I got a call from Lucas today. Nice guy, he told me he has a fix and emailed it to me. The fix should be available sometime soon on their website.

I plan on buying another unit with the 83 transducer as soon as I get the refund from the one I sent back. I wish I had been a little more patient before sending it back. Oh well I learn by living.

My finale conclusion lowrance does NOT suck.

thanks ice logger for posting the screenshot. check your email!
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote