Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #41
JohnMckroidJr

Kudos to those who responded to this traumatic tragedy for handling it well. Grave Condolence for Dave's dad and family.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:09 PM   #42
Raskal311

This brings chills to my spine and as a father and a kayaker I am at lost for word.

My thoughts are with you and your son John.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #43
PAL

John, so very sorry to hear of Dave's sad condition. I've walked this road as a father. It's a tough one to say the least. If there's anything we can do as a community to help, please let us know. Our hearts are with Dave, you and the rest of your family and all of Dave's friends.

Something to think about at this unthinkable time. When my son James passed, he gave the gift of life to several people and medically helped dozens more through organ and tissue donation. We'd much rather have him with us, but we are proud of our son's legacy.

Last edited by PAL; 09-18-2018 at 01:28 PM.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #44
h2ofishfo

Geeez man of all the places for a heart ailment to show itself . Prayers to your family .
Old 09-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #45
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

I met David only once but I still wanted to offer my heartfelt and sincere condolences for you and your family during these terrible times.

Our community is here to support you, please just ask, and we will do everything we can to make it happen.

I know it comes with little solace but at least he was doing something he loved with his last moments on earth. David's soul will be forever tied to the place that we ALL love so much, each time we visit rest assured that Dave will be watching over this community and the place he loved so much. We should all be so lucky to be doing something we love when our time comes.

My wife is a Genetic Professional at UCSD Hospital so if you have any questions regarding congenital heart defects PM me and I will be happy to get her professional opinion for you.

If the words Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy are being listed as potential cause, then you should ask to see a genetic counselor, they can help you figure out if anyone else in the family is at risk for the genetic condition.

Again, so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:17 PM   #46
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

John,

Such sad news to hear, I hope you and your family stay strong at a time like this, our deepest condolences to you, your family, and Dave's friends.

The efforts of those that pulled him out of the water, much respect.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:32 PM   #47
momo fish

Dave..

So sorry for your loss.. as a father I can’t even begin to imagine the pain of your loss and anything you need this community will be here with our support ..
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #48
Davesdad
Junior

Thanks everybody for the kind words and your thoughts.This morning Dave was declared brain dead and is still on life support awaiting the recipients for organ donation.This is a blow to me and it's so tough i don't know how to handle it other than to reach out to those that helped and are concerned.They think he may have had a heart condition that causes a weird heartbeat and lack of blood flow which can cause fainting.We're just not sure yet.Thank you guys for the support,i need it.
Davesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #49
Davesdad
Junior

I thought i saw a post where somebody said they would be at the Shores at 5 am Saturday,now i can't find it.I'm a little disoriented right now.I will be there before 5.Somebody also mentioned sharing this on facebook,yes it's ok with me.I'm still learning to navigate this site.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:43 PM   #50
Gigafish

My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. Strength and guidance. Very difficult to process. Stay strong.
Gigafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:38 PM   #51
jbl_91762

Thank you John for informing us about your son Dave. After hearing about the accident I prayed and wished he would be ok. I will continue to pray for you, your family and of course Dave.
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:41 PM   #52
NICKWORN

Condolences

Sorry to hear about your loss, tough to hear one of our brothers has lost his life in this tragedy!!

I shared a FB post with the gofundme with our east coast brothers-South Florida Kayak Fishing Club as they had heard of the news and wanted to be updated! It just goes to show the brotherhood involved in this passion we all share!

Rest in Paradise David!!
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #53
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

Sorry you had to experience this as a father. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #54
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post

I shared a FB post with the gofundme with our east coast brothers

Rest in Paradise David!!
GoFundMe for this gentleman and his family? Can we get the information here?

Have not seen such.. would love to donate to the family and or whatever charity they prefer..

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #55
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
GoFundMe for this gentleman and his family? Can we get the information here?

Have not seen such.. would love to donate to the family and or whatever charity they prefer..
Please try SDKF there is a GoFundMe, please support if you can. Thank you.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #56
Hunters Pa

I am at a loss for what to say that may bring any comfort. We are a close family that transcends demographics to pursue our passion. What affects one of us hits us all to varying degrees, regardless of whether we were personally close

As previously said, let us know if there is anything that we can do. A paddle out?

Someone please post the link to the gofundme here. I tried searching for SDKF and did not come up with anything.

Paddle on, brother.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #57
NICKWORN

Link posted

Separate thread
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #58
LEEZO

My heart goes out to you and family as well. Hang in there throughout this process and know you have enormous support.
LEEZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:42 PM   #59
easyday

I know it’s been said many times, but i offer my condolences and again as many before have said if there’s anything at all that you or your family needs please reach out. This community will do anything possible to help!
Old 09-19-2018, 05:34 AM   #60
Davesdad
Junior

Thank you guys for the support.Even though i break down and cry every time i read through this it is so comforting to know that Dave and our family have the support.I'm speaking for his mother,stepmom,two sisters,aunts,uncles and grandparents that have read these kind words from all of you.This helps us a lot.