Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Cbad Mike

La Jolla 10-16

Started with a very wet launch at 7am into the fog. Plenty of macs around who were all willing to jump on the sabiki. I took along frozen squid that I sent near and to the bottom while fly lining macs. The only things the squid was attracting was more macs and a few sand dabs. When the fog lifted I realized that I was the only kayak on the water and didn't see anyone other than a few boats all day. I put in a good effort and fished all over the place during the course of the day. I saw only a few seals and no dolphins. There was a ton of trap buoys all around and a shit load of trash floating everywhere (beer and soda cans, plastic bags, food wrappers etc.). I filled three bags and my cooler with idiots garbage from the water. The current was VERY strong and it took me along time and alot of muscle to paddle back to the launch. I got back at sun set two hours later than I wanted to to get back. Landing was wet and less than perfect but atleast I didn't roll.
The weather was beautiful, I got to play with the new Gopro, and I got WAY more exercise than I bargained for.
Finished my day with a huge plate of spaghetti with meatballs and a beer.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
mtnbykr2

At least you got to get out OTW and avoided the yardsale...thanks for the report...you will get em next time...I know the feeling my freezer is getting a bit light
Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Deamon

Karma always seems to go my way when I pick up trash on the water. Hope so for you too...
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

Atleast you got a good workout good call picking up the trash That was cool of you.
Biggameaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
Dirty Curti

My son and I made it out on Sunday. Several others were out as well. Perfect weather, light swell. Mad bait on the edge of the kelp and headed out about 2.5 miles, 130 ft deep. Saw some bait getting worked right in front of me about 20 ft . I was able to land a bait right in the pile and nothing happened. Left the bait swimming and through the iron nothing happened. The bait ball dissapeared and never came back.

Paddled around for a couple more hours for nothing. It was a nice paddle in with the current and a slight swell.

3rd time no love but I'm learning a little more about the area and signs to look for. I hope the fish stick around a while longer as it is getting easier to work the La Jolla grounds.

Looks like a swell coming from the South this weekend. I think I'll stay home.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
oneyedeer

commend you for picking up trash...I just don't understand how people couple be so irresponsible
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote