Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
SorryCharlie

10/26 LJ - YT and Hungry Hungry Hammer

Hit LJ today in the hopes of some final YT before winter takes over and the cold water returns. Launch around 7am with Andrew (it was great meeting you and congrats again on the first LJ YT) to a short interval swell, so it was time to get wet.

Conditions were a bit rough, but looked fishy. Current ripping south and 71-72 degrees. Greenies were hard to come by at first, so grab 3 spanish and headed past the NW corner. Further South found a big school of hungry greenies and loaded up.

Trolled around for an hour or so with a nice healthy greenie in tow, but he was getting no love. Ran into Andrew and hes got a nice YT, with some new intel (thanks!) I switch to a spanish and within 45 minutes was hooked up. 25 minutes, and one seal lion scare (luckily he was more interested in the nearby cattle boat ) later and the fish is secure.
Name:  Screen shot 2014-10-26 at 7.44.51 PM.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  55.0 KB

On the way back in a made a new friend!
Name:  Screen shot 2014-10-26 at 7.36.23 PM.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  19.6 KB
and he stuck around for about 45 minutes and only broke away once we hit the canyon inside the preserve. He bumped me a few times and was reallllly interested in the YT on the back of my kayak. No mater how many other kayaks came around to check him out he was only interested in following me..... Awesome to finally see one off the yak!

Video coming soon (as soon as I stop being lazy....)
SorryCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote