Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 11-14-2015, 08:37 AM   #21
PAL

Very exciting! Charles Belñavis, tattooist and epic fishing artist, is donating an original illustration for auction - something like this. We'll also have a print or two on offer at the event. Much love Charles, thank you!

PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #22
Iceman
Administrator

I will be taking this one home
Old 11-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #23
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
Very exciting! Charles Belñavis, tattooist and epic fishing artist, is donating an original illustration for auction - something like this. We'll also have a print or two on offer at the event. Much love Charles, thank you!

I'd like to see a Tattuna interpretation of a Landwhale
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #24
T-Rex

I'm signed up. My father-in-law beat esophageal cancer about 20 years ago and I'm honored in joining everyone in helping our good friend Steve win the same fight!
Old 11-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #25
Amish Ed

I haven't received any interest from veterans, so if you are a vet or are active duty send me a pm. We have 4 spots available for sponsorship from my dad.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #26
PAL

See this map of Marine Protected Areas down around Dana Pt? The blue is cool - fish it up! The city of Dana Pt sided with us as we fought to keep the area open during the MLPA process. If you've been wondering if MPAs will get in the way (of this event - the kayak fishing and free diving community staunchly opposed this politically derived and not scientifically supported closure), now you know they won't. Sign up and support our friend Steve.

Edit to clarify my opinion of the closures.

Last edited by PAL; 11-19-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #27
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
If you've been wondering if MPAs will get in the way, now you know they won't. Sign up and support our friend Steve.
Unless you happened to fish/live there. F MPAs and the whole MLPA process! Thats weak NIMBY shit Paul. It was the purported best bite of a forcefed shit sandwich and it certainly is in the way. You can not yet put lipstick on that pig. But no its not in the way of a Baby Beach launch though, youre right about that.

Anyway Steve youve got my support.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:05 PM   #28
Hunters Pa

Don't know if I can make it but signed up & paid.

Newbies, this will be a great chance to see how a lot of people have their boats rigged. That and fishing around some of these legends will shorten your learning curve drastically and is worth the price of admission in and of itself.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:08 PM   #29
momo fish

Did the whole thing and see you guys out on the water.. Hang in there Steve
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:50 AM   #30
jruiz
Large Member

Bump...I'm there
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:57 AM   #31
PAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Unless you happened to fish/live there. F MPAs and the whole MLPA process! Thats weak NIMBY shit Paul. It was the purported best bite of a forcefed shit sandwich and it certainly is in the way. You can not yet put lipstick on that pig. But no its not in the way of a Baby Beach launch though, youre right about that.

Anyway Steve youve got my support.
You having a bad day Zed? I posted this map for people who aren't from the area so they'll know they are fine around the point and in the blue - for this event. Those lines are confusing as hell. We both know they make no sense.

Don't imply I'm cool with that disgusting red blob smeared in front of Laguna. I fought the damn thing. Steve did too in his quiet way I haven't spent a dime in Laguna or Malibu since, and never will.

Let's keep this thread positive and focused on helping a friend.

Last edited by PAL; 11-19-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:46 AM   #32
DanaPT

I'm in.

is there a list of items/equip needed to pull this off?
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:06 AM   #33
tattuna

In!
Old 11-19-2015, 08:09 AM   #34
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
You having a bad day Zed? I posted this map for people who aren't from the area so they'll know they are fine around the point and in the blue - for this event. Those lines are confusing as hell. We both know they make no sense.

Don't imply I'm cool.with that disgusting red blob smeared in front of Laguna. I fought the damn thing. Steve did too in his quiet way.I haven't spent a dime in Laguna or Malibu since, and never will.

Let's keep this thread positive and focused on helping a.friend.
The statement rubbed me wrong coming from you. It sounded like resignation. I know what you [we] fought for and reading it really wasnt in the way afterall is an invitation for more reserves. If we resign what they took theres no reason not to take more since we were never given a good [scientific] reason in the first place. I apologize if I misunderstood.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:51 AM   #35
PAL

Quote:
The statement rubbed me wrong coming from you. It sounded like resignation. I know what you [we] fought for and reading it really wasnt in the way afterall is an invitation for more reserves. If we resign what they took theres no reason not to take more since we were never given a good [scientific] reason in the first place. I apologize if I misunderstood.
Not resignation or acceptance Zed - I'm sorry I wasn't clearer. That's on me. I was solely focused on encouraging turnout to help our old friend Steve.

The massive Laguna MPAs were the most bitter pill shoved down our collective throats during the South Coast MLPA 'process.' I still take the failure to stop it and the Pt Dume closure personally.

If you want to relive bad memories, I'm willing to discuss how it happened in detail - an offer open to anyone on our side. Why? As you point out, it can and will likely happen again.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:34 PM   #36
Zed
BANNED

Just a dose of reality in my doom n gloom:
If you launch from Baby and paddle to the W most point of the Laguna No Take, its about 9miles. Dont ask how I know. Point is from DP theres a lot to keep busy with in a kayak.

And surprises are there.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #37
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Sight unseen, I will start the bidding at $250.00 for Charle's piece of art. Should I win it will be hung on the wall at OUR place in Gonzaga.

Quote:

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #38
PAL

Quote:
Just a dose of reality in my doom n gloom:
If you launch from Baby and paddle to the W most point of the Laguna No Take, its about 9miles. Dont ask how I know. Point is from DP theres a lot to keep busy with in a kayak.

And surprises are there.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #39
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
I'm in.

is there a list of items/equip needed to pull this off?
If you are fishing for the big bass, you need to take a photo showing the length of the fish on a measure. Big fish I would guess we will have a scale.

Simple format, if anyone has specific questions. Paul or I should be able to give you answers.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:06 PM   #40
Grego

I'm in....hopefully can make it.

Quote:
I still take the failure to stop it and the Pt Dume closure personally.

If you want to relive bad memories, I'm willing to discuss how it happened in detail - an offer open to anyone on our side. Why? As you point out, it can and will likely happen again.
Nobody in there right mind can blame you Paul. I admittedly tossed all my notes and emptied that all out of my mind over the past years, didn't want any memory of it. Friendships were lost or strained during those days of the "Eco Wars".
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote