Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #1
pingpangdang

LJ cold morning

Overcast gray and cold in the morning.

Morning launch easy but wind and waves picked up during a noon landing.

A lot of late morning chop with the ocasional whitecap.

Clouds disapated near noon with sun breaking through. Gray all morning.

Greenbacks easy in 80-90 ft. Loaded up fast. Only two spanish. Nice to see the green slimeys again.

FL a slimey to the corner and back for skunk.

Saw only three dogs all day and shockingly they didn't steal my gbs. They all were within 30 ft. Maybe they are on strike with the yellows.

While fishing two lines west of the cove (fly and dropper) my dropper peels(clicker on/ drifting). By the sound it's not a yellow. Too slow. Reel in gear and get a slow tow and spun. Tried to get a few cranks in to get the hook in the fish and off the bottom before realing in the flyline. Spun me and tangled. Nice heavy pulls but intermittently would just coast like it gave up...then it would catch a second wind and go on a short heavy pull.

Thinking shark. It got easy pretty quickly and I thought I'd get color. Still tangled but it was at the tip but not interfering.

Should of backed off drag more as it was getting closer to surface. Water visibility wasn't great don't know if the gray skies had something to do with it.

Took another dive and pop. Broke 65lb braid. Had a 50lb mono dropper. Loop 7" another 2 feet above that with about 3-4' for the sinker.

Must have been a shark tail whipping the braid?

Skunked again. Been bit a few times on the dropper recently with mangled 50lb mono bit off with mono roughed up each occurrence or left with half a mac with a crushed head. Clean cut. Reports of sharks recently seen some colored but not threshers.

Good luck out there.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #2
smokie

Sounds like an interesting day. I guess any day when them damn furbags don't steal your bait is a good day?

Thanks for the report.
smokie is offline   Reply With Quote