Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
RK

Launch Thefts

If you notice any suspicious cars or people in the dark hours make sure they are aware that you have spotted them....It never hurts to say hello.

For instance the last few days in the dark mornings a very suspicious gold 80's Chevrolet sedan has been parked in different spaces where we all park around the launch (normally this wouldnt be a red flag except), with the driver lurking in the back seat with a windshield shade up at 4 am. I got the plate number and made sure he knew that I saw him lurking... Obviously this may be nothing and probably just an employee of the hotel, but its better to be safe than sorry, I've dealt with car theft and it blows...

Just keep your eyes open when parking...

To the Guy in a gold 80's chevrolet sedan , If your a kayak fisherman and just don't own a kayak, and are just lurking around to pick up tips I am sorry for labeling you as a lurker , however you can just use the search function on here

I think we should publicly stone the guy who stole Jasmins car........

Last edited by RK; 09-27-2011 at 08:17 AM.
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK View Post
I think we should publicly stone the guy who stole Jasmins car........
with our old crap jigs
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
ChefT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
with our old crap jigs
Sling shots and 3oz sinkers....
ChefT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
RK

its ok if they are the rusty ones that never swam right.....
Old 09-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #5
RK

shiny yes... but you can't put sexy hips on a fat ugly chick, who never looked good from the start...
Old 09-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
Drake

I think if we make enough stink to local PD, they will heighten their presence.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:05 AM   #7
TCS

I think the hotel worker theory is a lot more likely to be true. The people who do the smash and grabs at our beaches have tried and true methods of blending in and do not go to the same beach two days in a row. I have spoken the detectives at northern division about this after one of my cars got broken into a few years back. That is why they never get caught.

I would recommend against going all vigilante on the guy sitting in his car at the shores. Sitting in your car is not illegal.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #8
-scallywag-
Banned

x2

The Guy in the gold car is a Hotel worker....they just cross the boarder super early so they dont have to wait in the huge line and risk being late. He used to trip me out, until he saw me trippin on him one morning and got out of the car and talked to me....dont remember his name but he didnt seem like a skechy guy.

I think the vast majority of these are just the local punk kids and tweekers taking advantage of easy situations, like breaking windows to steal a few hundred dollars of junk (or less), or seeing someone leave thier keys under the bumper and taking the car for a joy ride.....not the calling signs of hardend criminals/car theifs.
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
RK

Scally-- Had a decent feeling that was the case. Now I feel like a prick....