Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
reefer

mad frog gear, HOMEMADE RETRO -KIT NEED HELF

I am trying to build a idea that would work like the Liberator -MADFROG-
I own a Perception Pescador 120, and trying to void, placing the tranducer in the bottom of my hull. i would like to have it in the water. but at the same time, dont want to spend money of a item i could build my self. Do any of you guys have any clue or idea on how i should do it, or has worked for you.....

Last edited by reefer; 06-15-2011 at 07:06 AM.
reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
tagyak

you know, the fun part of setting up your kayak is doing it yourself. being a mcgyver type, but sometimes it is okay to go ahead and buy something that someone else has made and put the time and effort into.
i too was looking at doing this whole setup without going to the shop and buying it off the shelf. after experimenting i realized that it would have been cheaper to just buy the item instead.
i have used the mad frogger and it is a nice setup. it allows for you to customize it for your needs and it works well. you won't have to worry about whether it will break off or corrode in the salt water. i do have to say that for what it is it seems expensive, but if you were to purchase your own materials it may come out even.
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefer View Post
I am trying to build a idea that would work like the Liberator -MADFROG-
I tried the same thing.. One idea was to grab 3-4" piece of pvc (with the transducer attached, to the outside of the kayak) and loop/tighten it with 1" webbing through the scupper... I asked Andy (Iceman) about the one he made, he used star board. I couldn't find the parts, so I ended up buying a liberator.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
Amish Ed

I think Tagyak hit it on the head, but then again MFG sponsors me
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
Vikingj

I agree with others. I had a buddy spend $15 make his own and it never really worked well. I bought the liberator (hated to spend the $) but it dependable and works better than expected. My buddies w/ inside transducers always check w/ me to see what the real water temp is!
Vikingj is offline   Reply With Quote