Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 08-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #21
dorado50

Oh yea, forgot to tell you, the monday morning quarterbacks are good at bashing! Like your product want to feel in person.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #22
bellcon

I think it's kinda sexy looking
I too would like to see it in person...

then again what the hell is a gaff for?

oh thats right it's for when you catch a big fish
man it has been tooooo long
I really need to "gaff" something
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #23
MalibuJohnny

Don't like football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Oh yea, forgot to tell you, the monday morning quarterbacks are good at bashing! Like your product want to feel in person.

Here is another genius trying to create a better mouse trap!
http://fishingjapan.net/viewtopic.php?t=319

By the way...ever since these guys, it has'nt changed much.... hook fish...get excited...gaff fish...have lunch.
The use of a landing hook, or gaff, for lifting large hooked fish from the water was noted by Thomas Barker in 1667. Improved methods of fishhook making were devised in the 1650s by Charles Kirby, who later invented the Kirby...

Last edited by MalibuJohnny; 08-26-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: facts
MalibuJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #24
SESSAGAFF

well after talking to the bosses

we have decided to donate one for the moyer memorial tournament
SESSAGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #25
bender0240

Yeah. Trying to improve things is stupid.

Like when they introduced that monofilamajiggy line back in the 40s. How are the fish supposed to bite if they can't see my 1/4" thick, opaque line?? Tell me that.

Or when those idiots came out with the "internal combustion engine". My horseless carriage get's 300lbs of coal to the mile and that's the way I likes it.

And don't even get me started on those "cordless" "telephones" thing-a-ma-jigs you can "use anywhere". The only way an honest God-Fearun' man can communicate long-distance, is through the trusty, sinless telegraph, by-golly.

Enough sarcasm. I can't take it anymore. Don't mind the TROLLS. They're thick in these parts. This is what they look like.
bender0240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #26
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender0240 View Post

Enough sarcasm. I can't take it anymore. Don't mind the TROLLS. They're thick in these parts. This is what they look like.

Funny, these trolls you speak of are more active of members than you and also members that run this website.

All I see is true anglers questioning a product that has been Advertised on our community site without paying as a sponsor or selling these products in the stores that keep BWE alive and running smooth.

The way i read the first post was that the Shape of that hook is better than a standard hook, not that it was made of a material that would not rust or corrode (personally I dont have this problem with my gaffs anyways though).

I am glad that you guys are donating one to the Moyer event but I thought the reason we let your posts stay on our site was because you were sending us a sample so that we could decide if OEX was to carry it. Brent informed me we would be receiving a sample a long while ago when you made your first post and thats why it was never deleted. I still have not seen this sample. Without us carrying it your posts are simply stealing business from the company that keeps this webpage available.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:49 PM   #27
DESTROYER

You will all get a first hand look at this gaff if you sign up for the Steve Moyer Memorial Tournament. Mike and his Uncle have generously donated one of their gaffs for the raffle which will be engraved with "MOYER MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT 2009". Thank you Mike!

Please sign up ASAP! http://lajollakayakfishingadventures.com/Events.shtml

TL-Matt Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #28
bender0240

I already sent Seibler a PM. I wasn't referring to him at all. His post wasn't trolling at all. Disagreement, I think, is a big part of what these forums are about and the way Seibler worded his post was completely polite(especially polite since the post is in violation) I just don't like the way Malibu goes about creaming people that post here and how he talks crap to the guy's that are giving me a lot of good advice. That's all
bender0240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #29
Adam12

Sessa, that is actually a nice looking gaff, I'd like to see one in person.
Adam12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #30
SESSAGAFF

so you all have read on moyers post

we here at ASAP ADVANCED PRODUCTS .COM ARE donating a gaff to the MOYER MEMORIAL 2009 TOURNY SO EVERYONE WILL GET TO SEE IT IN PERSON
Old 08-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #31
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSAGAFF View Post
we here at ASAP ADVANCED PRODUCTS .COM ARE donating a gaff to the MOYER MEMORIAL 2009 TOURNY SO EVERYONE WILL GET TO SEE IT IN PERSON
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #32
Matt
Support your local pangas

I want one just so I can smile and think of GWAR!!!! Also it would be nice to have a gaff that isn't rusty! Looking forward to checking one out at OEX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gwar.jpg (68.7 KB, 125 views)
Old 08-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #33
Grego

I like these kinds of threads I'm going to make one with a spear gun tip, so i can say I spearfish from a kayak

Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #34
SESSAGAFF

ENGRAVED FOR THE MOYER MEMORIAL and a lil vid of it floating

Old 08-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #35
Gino

that engraving looks sharp, very nicely done.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #36
Adam12

Nice, I'm digging the one piece construction. A little pricey for me though.
Adam12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:06 AM   #37
SESSAGAFF

you got to figure this

how many fisherman out there buy a gaff and lose it or it get all corroded i have like 5 at my house a calcutta a promar and some bamboo ones add them together theres like 600 bucks in gaffs all corroded and rusted now im not about to gaff a fish with those since i dont like the taste of rust or nasty ness now the first gaff i made from titanium was like 2 years ago i thougtt one day ill make it out of titanium cuz i know it dont corrode or rust and just to test that facture i let it sit in my back yard in ventura tied up to rope and weighted under the water for 1 month the only thing that was on it was green alge that came off with a towel

now if you took a brand new bamboo gaff and submerged it under water for more then 2 days it would be rusty stainless steel and steel and sluminum will rust withing 24 hours but you wont see alot till the 2nd day i have been using this mock up i made for 3 years now no rust and the strengh on this thing is nuts its like thors hammer plus we have a 100% guantee if you break this thing which you wont fishing we will swap it out for a brand new one life time guarntee just make sure you break it fishing breaking it by slamming your boat cuz your bamboo gaff snapped in half on the moster u were trying to land and then to take out anger you took the sessa gaff to the side of your boat does not count
Old 08-28-2009, 08:34 AM   #38
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Nice gaff, I'd say its worth the price.

But unfortunately, I, like many other kayakers, just can't afford a big boat (hence the kayak), or an exspensive gaff. But good luck!

just to compare, my piece-o-shiat $30 gaff has no rust, and is over three years old... only problem is the handle may not last another 3 years... but who gaffs fish in the fillets anyways?

Last edited by dos ballenas; 08-28-2009 at 09:33 AM.
dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #39
SESSAGAFF

OK SO YOUR A KAYCAK FISHER MAN

SO BUY OUR SMALLER ONE A 1 FOOT GOES FOR 87.99 AND OUR 2 FOOT GOES FOR 97.99
Old 08-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #40
SESSAGAFF

so me and my uncle were talking last night about the gaff

and we are going to be selling the hooks alone to the hook that comes on our 3 foot gaff are the small hooks and anything over 5 foot is going to be a bigger hook so we will be selling our small hooks for 15 $ and the large for 20 $