Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2017, 07:08 AM   #1
Rock Hopper

Don't get me wrong, the new pricing is a bit tough to swallow but it is still totally worth it. On previous kayaking trips the Islander folks were starting to not even break even with what they were charging. Owner/Captain John was hinting to this on our 3.5 day trip last year.

Mahigeer - if you have any doubts as to whether the crew busts their asses off or not, try reading just about any review of their operation. They are TOP NOTCH. The one thing you will see repeated time after time is how awesome the crew is and how hard they work to make everything damn near PERFECT. The boat is also in pristine condition. I didn't realize how nice it is to have two to a bunkroom until I had the opportunity to go out on other boats. I won't mention the other two boats I've been out on (both well known and both good fish producers) but the Islander blew 'em both out of the water in regards to cleanliness, accommodations, and overall space to relax.

Also, as mentioned, the food is off the hook. Three real meals and snacks in between. I've never eaten so well over a three day period.

Anyway - I didn't mean to start up a debate, just wanted to let you guys know that the prices have gone up a bit this year.
Rock Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:47 AM   #2
Mahigeer

Looks like I had the wrong idea about what goes on these type of trips with regards to the crew.

Still, $825.00 is a lot of money for 2.5 days. Not all of it fishing.

I hope someday I can effort it though.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #3
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Looks like I had the wrong idea about what goes on these type of trips with regards to the crew.

Still, $825.00 is a lot of money for 2.5 days. Not all of it fishing.

I hope someday I can effort it though.

Actually, you get TWO FULL days of fishing. If you play your cards right you can fish from sun up to sun down.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #4
jbl_91762

I better start saving now. Come on income tax return!! I see whatever I get going towards this trip.
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #5
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Hopper View Post
Anyway - I didn't mean to start up a debate, just wanted to let you guys know that the prices have gone up a bit this year.
No, thats awesome. I think a lot of us are surprised to hear just how well serviced these trips can be. I legitimately thought it was load boat, ride out to the spot, dump yaks, fish, reverse process. I never thought about the food, service, etc.

I'm super interested in this, so long as I can make the $$ work...
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote