Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
ship 4 brains

Anybody know about Lake Jennings?

I'm camping with the family this weekend. The official report from the website says trout are really the only things biting now.

Anybody have any suggestions or know the better parts of the lake to fish?
ship 4 brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
deepdvr

Go to sdfish.com and ask the same question. I'm not sure yaks are allowed out there if you were thinking of bringing it.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
fishinkid2010

They do not allow kayak there unfortunately, but there is quite a bit of shore line to fish. Trout are probably still the best bet. Use light florocarbon (2-4 lbs test) with powerbait rigged Carolina style. Also, if you make a powerbait mouse (take a "power worm", and put it on your treble hook and cover it with powerbait to resemble a mouse with a tail) you will definitely get a bite or two.
Regarding places to fish... talk to the ranger Hugh Marks. He is very nice and extremely helpful. He will know what's working and where to go. Last year he let my fishing club and I into the lake on the day they are closed, and gave us all motor boats at no cost. He is very nice and is a wealth of information when it comes to Lake Jennings.
fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
bluesquids

Everyone there is very helpful. But yes ...look or ask for Ranger Hugh, he'll put you on the fish. He lives on site so he's always around. No Yaks, but the carolina skiffs rentals are nice, otherwise plenty of shoreline. Lot's of unusual birds nest and come thru there if you have a camera with a long lens.