Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Bass Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2022, 08:02 PM   #1
LEEZO

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey zone View Post
What happened to John is unforeseeable and an electric pump might have saved the day unless battery contacts were under water. A handheld pump or even a large sponge can be a lifesaver. Every kayaker should always open their hatches at regular intervals to see what is happening below. If you think your craft is invincible you are an accident waiting to happen.
What he is saying
LEEZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:09 AM   #2
grey zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEZO View Post
What he is saying
Thanks LEEZO for bring my bad reply back to my review, I should have paid more attention to Pinhead's question.

Back to the question about using an automatic bilge pump. If you roll your kayak and flood it, having an automatic pump might be great for removing the water inside if you can roll it upright. As John mentioned his bow flooded so if the pump is in the wrong place, it might not help at all. All my bilge pumps have been made by "rule" but if you read the 500 gph product overview it takes 2" of water to activate the sensor. Thats a lot of water to have inside a kayak before the pump turns on. Many things to consider but a great question to bring out safety ideas from others in the community.
grey zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:29 AM   #3
Gflann

I carry this in my drybag every trip with the battery installed. The night prior I test run it for a few seconds to ensure it still works.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/trac-...6?recordNum=37
Old 01-15-2022, 08:31 AM   #4
dorado123

I carry extra pump and battery in my outback hatch liner sometime i had to deal with dead battery on my live well and incase water inside of my kayak
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ADA70EB0-B2D0-4B3C-A651-B5B8A7247C55.jpg (56.6 KB, 52 views)
dorado123 is offline   Reply With Quote