Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2016, 02:52 PM   #1
pingpangdang

No dog issues with plastics

I've seen a few guys have success on only lures for yellowtail...but they also have good electronics. Notably zman magswimz. Have not had the same luck on those but honestly have not put in the time.

Live target is coming out with this swimbait and it looks good to troll. Lighter loads with no bait tank, won't have to make bait and don't have to worry about dogs stealing bait.
Check it out...resembles spanish macks

https://youtu.be/mAbDGYt7qyU

https://youtu.be/T5HIFIM3bx0

Had some rats, calis, cuda on fish arrow flash js

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited by pingpangdang; 08-05-2016 at 03:05 PM.
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #2
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

What about Twitching Lure.. guaranteed fish on every cast or your money back
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:53 PM   #3
pingpangdang

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
What about Twitching Lure.. guaranteed fish on every cast or your money back
Usb, led, vibration....dang. if it had a built in camera and bluetooth to connect to a phone app to wake you up on a bite then you'd be set...and a bluetooth speaker so we could beg the fish to bite

Old 08-06-2016, 07:51 AM   #4
taggermike

Ditching the dogs and saving time catching bait is nice. Yt will eat a wide variety of lures. Plastics included. Over the years I've caught 2 yt on plastics. The total would be higher except I very rarely fish plastics any more. Usually I don't even bring them unless there's a good calico bite.

I got away from plastics primarily due to expense. All it takes is one little cuda, bonito, or tail nipping mackerel and a $1-3 bait is done. Those live targets look fantastic. But again, a 16" cuda takes a swipe at the tail n your out some $$. I know lots of guys who love fishing swim baits, but running thru $20 worth a day doesn't work for me. Once you're set up baits basically free. And I have irons that have killef fish for years.

For sure plastics work so maybe use them in areas where you're on calicos or see YT feeding but for general use maybe go with hard baits. They cost more but will stand up to toothy aggressive fish. Just my thoughts. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:55 PM   #5
pingpangdang

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
Ditching the dogs and saving time catching bait is nice. Yt will eat a wide variety of lures. Plastics included. Over the years I've caught 2 yt on plastics. The total would be higher except I very rarely fish plastics any more. Usually I don't even bring them unless there's a good calico bite.

I got away from plastics primarily due to expense. All it takes is one little cuda, bonito, or tail nipping mackerel and a $1-3 bait is done. Those live targets look fantastic. But again, a 16" cuda takes a swipe at the tail n your out some $$. I know lots of guys who love fishing swim baits, but running thru $20 worth a day doesn't work for me. Once you're set up baits basically free. And I have irons that have killef fish for years.

For sure plastics work so maybe use them in areas where you're on calicos or see YT feeding but for general use maybe go with hard baits. They cost more but will stand up to toothy aggressive fish. Just my thoughts. Mike
Agree...it sure is pricey. I've been experimenting with hard lures that are multifunctional...troll, cast and jigged.

The number 1 best selling japanese seabass lure is the bass day range vib...

Awesome lure but it won't withstand big game.

There is no rattle it rapidly shakes/flutters when retrieved creating pulses of displaced water.

I had luck with the one below on bonita, cudas, calis and a white seabass all in one day....the wsb barely legal and released broke the lure at the tie point.

I'm having some all metal vibes sent to me from Japan...bassday range vib 70 iron. I also will swap out the trebles with owner singles along with changing out the rings. It should then be indestructible and last. I like the feel from the vibe action...similar to when your spinner bait blades dig in the water...you can feel the rapid silent fluttering on the retrieve.

Here is my vib that got destroyed...bassday range vib 90..made of resin with weight built in...better for light game

Here is what the mother in law is shipping me...70 iron. Ordered the sardine and spanish mack aji patterns

Last edited by pingpangdang; 08-06-2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:01 AM   #6
HobieOneCanoebe

I use the 10 cent plastics from Pacific coast Bait and tackle so if it gets bit off it doesn't break the bank https://youtu.be/ndGZEqjjeaU

Brown and blue sardine patterns work for me
HobieOneCanoebe is offline   Reply With Quote