Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Rusty

Almost lost a yellow

I was headed back in from a nice day fishing and had my trailer backed in the water pulling my skiff out to put it on the trailer. The next thing i know some dude on a creme pro angler slams into my trailer and smacks into my boat. I said oops then after a few minutes asked the guy if he could fit through the space between the trailer and the boat to get put of my way. BTW there was about 20 yards of open landing space on either side of me so there was no excuse for his poor landing. Anyway, the guy never said a word... not a sorry, hi or anything. He just had a crappy look on his face and headed in. After i pulled the truck.up to strap down my boat i saw i had a broken tail light, and the guy had left to get his car, leaving a 7# yellow in his yak. For some reason i talked myself out of taking it home with me. Moral of the story: have some respect... treat others like you want to be treated, and if you treat the wrong people with disrespect you will find yourself missing your fish when you get back to your kayak. Just a friendly warning.

Also to the guy who just walked up and looked in my skiff for fish. Say hi, how you doin and did you catch and fish and i might show them to you and and maybe even share where got them. I keep them in a compartment under my seat where you will never see them if you're a nosey prick... it is also just rude and annoying to just walk up and look in someones boat when they're standing next to it. How would you like if i walked up to your car and poked my head in your window while you were sitting in it. Again, have some repect.

This is not in general discussion because i want it to be seen and it mentions a fish.

Last edited by Rusty; 08-24-2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: grammar
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
m1k3midg3

u shoulda takin the yellow. i dont really mind if someone takes a look in to see fish. people are just shy sometimes but i keep an eye on them to make sure they dont take nothin. cant trust people these days
m1k3midg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Sounds like a June report. Maybe this is a late offshore season rather than no season after all.
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
Rusty

Yeah it does kinda seem like late june. There's been some micro yellows on the outside for a while now but they sink out quick and seem to be eating noseeums or some kind of tiny bait fish. I still have hopes that big groups off schoolies show up at some point.

Just to clarify too... im not here saying im out to steal fish or anything for that matter. Totally not my style. I just don't feel right without revenge in certain circumstances. Its more a matter od principle to make the guy think about his stupid actions than me having any desire to take his fish. The thougt of bad kharma is what made me change my mind.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
m1k3midg3

no karma would be applied to you because you are just getting revenge. now if you took his yellow for no reason then that is a situation where bad karma will come.
m1k3midg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:24 AM   #6
j mo

Thats some funny shiz!
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #7
yani

Rusty,

you showed alot of restraint. I would have
taken a buzz saw to his yak, and BBQ to
the yellow.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:45 AM   #8
Matt
Support your local pangas

Yo Rusty

I have some extra trailer lights if you need 'em
Old 08-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #9
Dan

Sorry about breaking your trailer light....As I chewed my plate of hamachi, I thought about how entitled I am as a kayaker. Viva la la jolla zombies!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #10
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

ha! what can you expect Rusty?!?

You do know that private boaters are the enemy!

Kayaks suck

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #11
Rusty

Adding to Dan's sarcasm... The Zombie Tourists in La Jolla during the summer time are already enough. Standing in front of our trucks at the launch, walking in the middle of the street, and asking twenty million questions about our catch. Having Zombie Fisherman (kayakers or PBs) on top of it makes those of us with our heads screwed on straight, fell like we're going to explode. Luckily in two weeks labor day arrives and the tourists go home, so let's not be zombies to each other.

Matt - I've got it covered, but by God, if all these Zombies could wake up and be as cool and helpful as you, the world would be a much better place.

With that said, as the "enemy," if I kayaker ever crosses my line, gets in my path, or so much as lays a finger on my boat, trailer or truck, I will saw their kayak in half and bbq their fish.

-Completely kidding, but lets not be a bunch of nut sacks please.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
Limits
Kayak Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Moral of the story: have some respect... treat others like you want to be treated, and if you treat the wrong people with disrespect you will find yourself missing your fish when you get back to your kayak. Just a friendly warning.

Also to the guy who just walked up and looked in my skiff for fish. Say hi, how you doin and did you catch and fish and i might show them to you and and maybe even share where got them. I keep them in a compartment under my seat where you will never see them if you're a nosey prick... it is also just rude and annoying to just walk up and look in someones boat when they're standing next to it. How would you like if i walked up to your car and poked my head in your window while you were sitting in it. Again, have some repect.

This is not in general discussion because i want it to be seen and it mentions a fish.
Amen to both comments.
Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #13
Rusty

J Mo- your pic looks a lot like the man in question.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #14
Kahouna

You guys may not realize it, but this has turned into a funny post. Being the Noob, I'm learning nice terms and things not to do, (Zombie Tourists and poking peoples catch).

I am also surprised at how brazen some people can be. I always feel nervous leaving my yak when I get my truck. Heck, the walk to my truck and drive outta there makes me question the lifeguards at the gene pool. Since my goals are to manage to try to not look like a tard on the return through the surf, and someday have something beside bait onboard, I just soak up the knowledge here and observe from a casual distance on the water.

Might I recommend a cordless drill and small drill bits the next time someone plays demolition derby with your stuff.
Kahouna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #15
eDUBz

Quote:
Anyway, the guy never said a word... not a sorry, hi or anything. He just had a crappy look on his face and headed in.
Probly because he scraped up his PA.

Im alway's cool with everyone, no need to be pissed off or not talk to anyone.
eDUBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #16
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahouna View Post
You guys may not realize it, but this has turned into a funny postf.
The idea on the beach was to jack the guys fish and post a "kidnapped yellowtail" thread with an apology and beer being the ransom. There is definately supposed to be some dark sarcastic humor hidden in here. Hopefully we're not all out sabotaging eachother for stupid mistakes but the ideas are entertaining for sure. My crappy alum lets in so much water i wouldn't even notice if you drilled holes in it... but that's a great evil plan.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:56 AM   #17
j mo

Quote:
J Mo- your pic looks a lot like the man in question.
I did recently discover I had an evil twin brother I never knew about. He stirs up all kinds of shit...

Here is a better pic of us together. Name:  arnie and danny.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  43.8 KB I am the short balding guy for reference.

I wish I had a Proangler or was able to get out within the last week, shoot, Id even settle for a 7# rat yellow right about now....You should have snatched it up or at least placed a little "treat" in its mouth.
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:02 AM   #18
Hunters Pa

That "little treat" could have been some of the pieces of your busted light. It all comes back on the water. Like fishing with stolen gear, it all comes back.

But good PSA.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #19
Fiskadoro

Quote:
I was headed back in from a nice day fishing and had my trailer backed in the water pulling my skiff out to put it on the trailer. The next thing i know some dude on a creme pro angler slams into my trailer and smacks into my boat.... BTW there was about 20 yards of open landing space on either side of me so there was no excuse for his poor landing..... After i pulled the truck.up to strap down my boat i saw i had a broken tail light, and the guy had left to get his car, leaving a 7# yellow in his yak. For some reason i talked myself out of taking it home with me.

Well it's good you talked yourself out taking his Yellow, otherwise you'd be a thief.

Anyone can loose control of their kayak in the surf, it's not like he did it on pourpose, and he probably did not say anything because he was just too frigging embarrassed.

What I would of done is waited till he came back and Said: "Dude...I hate to bring this up but you busted my tail light, can you pass me a twenty to cover the replacement?"

If he said "Yes" no problem... cool... If he said "NO" then I would of beaten him up and taken his fish

Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #20
Useful Idiot

This is what happens when you take your PA through the surf, kids.