Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Wayne_R

Which cobra is this?

Need identification please. 10' cobra is all the seller knows. Asking $400. Trying to see which this is for a friend.
Thanks.
Wayne_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
JrBasser

Cobra Explorer. My first boat. Caught my first BSB and thresher in it. I know a lot of guys who have owned and enjoyed them. They are solid boats. Great for a beginner or for your child. But they are a kind of tough to rig, and something that anyone who paddles often will quickly "out grow". If you were a good friend, you'd tell him to check out the OEX booth at Fred Hall! A stealth 9 with seat and paddle, with the plumbing installed for the bait tank Isn't too much more.
JrBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Wayne_R

Thanks. This is for a "guy trip" that we are taking in June to Lees Ferry. Fishing and camping for 2 days. I have a Stealth 12 and another friend has a Stealth 9. The third guy has nada. I'm figuring it might be cheaper to buy one, use it, and sell it after the trip rather than rent one from Sports Chalet. I have an extra paddle and life vest. Whatcha think?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
JrBasser

I think if you could talk him down a bit, it's a deal. I got my explorer with front and center hatch for $250 with a seat and paddle. This one is in better condition, But without a seat or paddle I wouldn't spend $400. If you could pick her up for $300 I'd say do it. Even $350.

But if you do this, you doom him to buying a $2000 set up down the road when he gets addicted.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
Wayne_R

Looks like its a deal at $300. Picking up this afternoon hopefully.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
JrBasser

I'd hoped you could work the guy since he doesn't know the name of it. And, I'm pretty sure it says "explorer" right under the cobra logo. I could be wrong. Either way. You'll definitely get your money's worth, and should have no problem getting your money back if you decide to sell it.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
JarrodMc

Explorer. My mom fishes off that too
JarrodMc is offline   Reply With Quote