Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 11-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #241
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Guys there is a new restaurant right on the beach that is only open on Fri - Sunday which is a possibility one of those evenings.
I also found a contact that will sell me fresh lobsters. Just scored 4 for myself this morning and hope to grab enough for everyone while you are here if someone wants to cook or barbecue them up one evening. If not I can keep them frozen and thaw them out as needed in the next few months.

The bigger YT have been a bit illusive for me in the last week or so. Still very warm water. Almost 77. Dorado being seen on every session but no biters for me yet. Pangero are limiting on nice quality yellows fairly quickly in the San Pablo area. A bit too far for me to paddle. The last few days the wind has picked up quite early and chased me off the water by 10:30 or so. Today it is just beginning to freshen at 1:15 so maybe things are back to normal. I know if we lose a couple degrees in water temp, it is going to be game on at San Roque.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:39 AM   #242
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Guys there is a new restaurant right on the beach that is only open on Fri - Sunday which is a possibility one of those evenings.
I also found a contact that will sell me fresh lobsters. Just scored 4 for myself this morning and hope to grab enough for everyone while you are here if someone wants to cook or barbecue them up one evening. If not I can keep them frozen and thaw them out as needed in the next few months.

The bigger YT have been a bit illusive for me in the last week or so. Still very warm water. Almost 77. Dorado being seen on every session but no biters for me yet. Pangero are limiting on nice quality yellows fairly quickly in the San Pablo area. A bit too far for me to paddle. The last few days the wind has picked up quite early and chased me off the water by 10:30 or so. Today it is just beginning to freshen at 1:15 so maybe things are back to normal. I know if we lose a couple degrees in water temp, it is going to be game on at San Roque.
Yes I will cook up those lobsters for you and everyone.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:41 AM   #243
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Ross, this is a full moon trip so let me ask a question. Has the beach in front of your place been fishable? I thought it might be good on the full moon for corvina? I know San Roque will be good too. See you soon. Tight Lines amigo.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #244
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Ross, this is a full moon trip so let me ask a question. Has the beach in front of your place been fishable? I thought it might be good on the full moon for corvina? I know San Roque will be good too. See you soon. Tight Lines amigo.
I actually haven't fished down the here for a month or so. The water has generally cleaned up and there is not near as much floating kelp and weeds washing in with the tides. Can't imagine that there would not be some corvina and halibut lurking out there. Hell even had some small dodos working some bait practically within casting distance a couple nights ago
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Old 11-07-2015, 06:34 AM   #245
EastLosYaker

Hey Jim or Greenscales, would one of you be willing to switch your cooking nights? Would love to stay for the whole trip, but have to be at work the following Monday. I will be making my famous Chicken once again. Let me know if either of you is able to accommodate. Thanks!
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #246
EastLosYaker

Another option would be that I could take care of dinner wherever we stop on the Travel day. The only problem would be that there would still be a few days to cover food towards the end of your stay.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:31 AM   #247
makobob
Baitless on Baja

TWO WEEKS TO LIFTOFF!

Kevin, if Jim or green scales do not want to change dates then you can do dinner on our travel day. Not a problem.
Jim I have not heard from RomSpaceNut, any idea if he is ok and still going. Looking to see which night he wants to cook.

Ross tell these guys what the weather has been like. Jackets at night? Sven is coming back so maybe the WSB will show for him again. Tight Lines and YT Dreams.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #248
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
TWO WEEKS TO LIFTOFF!

Kevin, if Jim or green scales do not want to change dates then you can do dinner on our travel day. Not a problem.
Jim I have not heard from RomSpaceNut, any idea if he is ok and still going. Looking to see which night he wants to cook.

Ross tell these guys what the weather has been like. Jackets at night? Sven is coming back so maybe the WSB will show for him again. Tight Lines and YT Dreams.

I will have something simple for you guys to eat when you get here if you don't want to stop for dinner. I'm thinking of my fish chowder or a pot of chili, chips and salsa, guacamole etc.

The weather has been very pleasant during the day. High 70s mostly. Evenings and nighttime are getting a little nippy by my standards. Mid 60s. Always a breeze off the ocean in the evening.

WSB for Sven? I don't think so. That's so passe'. I am fully prepared for the Dawg to put a Wahoo on his deck. Probably on a swim bait or salmon eggs or something dumb.
— Herman Melville

Old 11-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #249
makobob
Baitless on Baja

That sounds good, Thank you, we will plan on dinner with you. Seems some people up here have been chumming with Sunflower seed SHELLs for the pelagics and are doing well. Time will tell. Should be another great trip. See you soon and tight lines to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
I will have something simple for you guys to eat when you get here if you don't want to stop for dinner. I'm thinking of my fish chowder or a pot of chili, chips and salsa, guacamole etc.

The weather has been very pleasant during the day. High 70s mostly. Evenings and nighttime are getting a little nippy by my standards. Mid 60s. Always a breeze off the ocean in the evening.

WSB for Sven? I don't think so. That's so passe'. I am fully prepared for the Dawg to put a Wahoo on his deck. Probably on a swim bait or salmon eggs or something dumb.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 11-09-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #250
buddha

DIRECTIONS OF WHERE TO MEET FOR ASUNCION TRIP

Ok here is where we will meet at 4:30 AM on Monday November 23.

Take the 805 South to Palm Avenue and make a right. Make a right into the shopping center and it is easily found.

http://www.mapquest.com/us/californi...nalds-11300211

Hopefully everyone has their FMMs and all other documents as we want to be able to leave from the border at 5 AM.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #251
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Yes, thank you Jeff, I would like to be over the border and on our way south by 5 am. That should get us to Rossman's place just about dark, or about 6 pm. Ross will have a simple dinner ready for us. AND then it is GAME ON. Full moon two nights later, corvina on the beach, YT from the yaks, maybe a wahoo (RESERVED FOR JIM, and SVEN. THANKSGIVING in paradise.
Guys start thinking about a side trip to Turtle bay area or the Abreojos area.
Tight Lines and Fishy Dreams!!!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-09-2015, 09:27 PM   #252
EastLosYaker

Ok, so I don't want to screw up anything else, but...I was planning on getting my FMM filled out, paid for, and stamped at the border. I know the route pretty good, and was planning on just catching up to the caravan. I don't imagine there to be a lot of folks crossing south at that time, so I am hoping to get it done pretty quickly. What do you think?
Old 11-10-2015, 01:42 AM   #253
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastLosYaker View Post
Ok, so I don't want to screw up anything else, but...I was planning on getting my FMM filled out, paid for, and stamped at the border. I know the route pretty good, and was planning on just catching up to the caravan. I don't imagine there to be a lot of folks crossing south at that time, so I am hoping to get it done pretty quickly. What do you think?
Having crossed the border at that time on numerous occasions, I can tell you that there is seldom any wait to get the FMM. The only wait is trying to get the attention of the guy at the bank who is probably asleep in the back room.

BTW you guys probably know this but as of September, the FMM can be used for multiple land entries to Baja.
— Herman Melville

Old 11-10-2015, 06:54 AM   #254
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Kevin in TJ it takes about 5 minutes or less, should not be a problem. See you soon. Has anyone heard from RomSpaceNut??????? Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #255
Deamon

Spoke to Robert last night. He's driving with me. We're starting our trip on Sat the 22nd and bailing out the following Fri or Sat. Feel free to drop Robert into a cooking date that fits into this schedule please. He said something about shrimp and scallops...

Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #256
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Jim, thanks for the update on Robert. This is going to be so much FUN.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #257
EastLosYaker

Hey Jim, that means we can caravan back up. Was planning on heading back up north solo, but I'll leave when you do on Friday or Saturday. Always better to have two cars. You never know.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:53 AM   #258
EastLosYaker

Oh, and Jim, are you heading straight down to Asuncion, or fishing another spot on the way down MIGHT be able to leave early to get in an extra day of fishing. San Quintin/Socorro had crossed my mind. Although, don't want to be a 3rd wheel spoiler for you and the spacenut! Haha!
Old 11-13-2015, 04:21 AM   #259
greenscales
greenscales

Jim, Robery + Eastlost - on dinner switch and leaving early.

Unfortunately I will be leaving early as well, Fri PM or Sat AM - w/open option for a room and 1/2 day fishing on the way home.

As for you guys fishing on the way down early - I also plan to head down Sat or Sun before (work permitting). I Was planning going to Punta Baja, $10 a night for a room, w/a possible Mon or Sun at San Antonio. Or, maybe camp in Puerto Santo Tomas - depending on weather/fishing in both locations. I have some killer structure spots GPSd in PB. Launch is just funky as are winds.

If I do Punta Baja still, I would meet you guys on the way down in El Rosario around 11 AM on Tuesday - maybe a lunch or fuel stop for some? But I haven't found great food in town yet, so maybe you eat in SQ and meet me at the gas station or grocery stores about noon. Look for my ride along the highway - should not be to hard to spot. Green PA14 on white 4runner w/rear cross bar on hitch.

Looking forward to this - Richard
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:29 AM   #260
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastLosYaker View Post
Oh, and Jim, are you heading straight down to Asuncion, or fishing another spot on the way down MIGHT be able to leave early to get in an extra day of fishing. San Quintin/Socorro had crossed my mind. Although, don't want to be a 3rd wheel spoiler for you and the spacenut! Haha!
HAHAHAHA!!! I've done Baja enough times. And I know the scouting required to dial in a new location. No fish stops for me and Robert. We're driving straight to Ross' place.

I'm also bring a few olive branch switches and I plan on riding Ross like the lean, mean, knowledgeable Baja burro that he is. Giddyup Rossie...take me to your 150 yellow spot...now let's go to your 40# spot...

Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote