Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 11-14-2016, 07:27 AM   #1
Navyyak
Junior

missing gear in La Jolla

So last night was my first time ever going hooping. Overall I had a great time with 11 lobsters caught for the night. Unfortunately there weren't any keepers. Anyway I seem to have lost a net out there. Searched for about an hour and never saw the glowstick. If anyone is out there today and happen to come across it please let me know. All yellow buoy with yellow line with an apparently non functioning promar led glowstick shoved into it. Thanks for your help!
Navyyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #2
Phishphood

Yellow line means probably polypropylene line which floats right? Hopefully you bundled the excess or weighted the line so there wasn't a whole bunch floating at the surface which could get caught in a prop. I know some guys that will cut the line if that happens to them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
Navyyak
Junior

I was the only one out there so it wasn't cut....yet. I didn't bundle the line because the current was pulling the excess. Hopefully it shows up. If not oh well. I'll chalk it up as my sacrifice to the lobster gods.
Navyyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:09 AM   #4
Phishphood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyyak View Post
I was the only one out there so it wasn't cut....yet. I didn't bundle the line because the current was pulling the excess. Hopefully it shows up. If not oh well. I'll chalk it up as my sacrifice to the lobster gods.
Sorry didn't mean to sound negative, hopefully you get the gear back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote