Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
batty1of3

launching at carlsbad

I've been living in Escondido for a while now and have not had any chance to get back down to la jolla for yaking
i've heard that launching from Carlsbad an option for some kelp near the power plant

i was just wondering where would be the best place to launch at carlsbad ? one guy i was talking to suggested carrying the yak over the north jetties and launching from between them

the break next to the northparking lot looked like it dropped pretty hard an would be a rough landing any suggestions ?

thanks in advance
batty1of3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by batty1of3 View Post
I've been living in Escondido for a while now and have not had any chance to get back down to la jolla for yaking
i've heard that launching from Carlsbad an option for some kelp near the power plant

i was just wondering where would be the best place to launch at carlsbad ? one guy i was talking to suggested carrying the yak over the north jetties and launching from between them
Thats where I launch usually...
the break next to the northparking lot looked like it dropped pretty hard an would be a rough landing any suggestions ?
Tamarack usually pounds there..Dont land there..depending on swell direction, usually north of the power plant jetties is ok. or in between the teramar reef and the jetties is ok..
thanks in advance
••

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
batty1of3

is there anywhere to park that you can unload there ? or is it just bring wheels and roll it over the bridge ?
batty1of3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by batty1of3 View Post
is there anywhere to park that you can unload there ? or is it just bring wheels and roll it over the bridge ?
I get king prime parking every time..dont ask me how, but I think it has something to do with it not being the most desired spot to "lay out". but it does just so happen to be the best place to launch around there, and park so you don't have to haul stuff. grab parking right by the outlet of the power plant. even more proof, is I have NEVER owned a cart or wheels. so I am within draggin' distance always, but it would help..

wade is offline   Reply With Quote