Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #1
Ggiannig89

Puerto santo Tomas

Late report from Labor Day weekend with my 80 year old grandfather. Decided to do a Baja Fishing excursion with just myself and my grandfather. The rock Fishing was phenomenal and the couple of lings pulled up were big. I’ve got a party coming up with 30 people expecting tacos. I was able to make enough meat for the tacos and plenty more. My Gramps caught a giant sheepshead and loved every minute of it. We both look forward to doing it again. Wish I had more pics but didn’t take too many living in the moment.
Attached Images

Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
greenscales
greenscales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggiannig89 View Post
Late report from Labor Day weekend with my 80 year old grandfather. Decided to do a Baja Fishing excursion with just myself and my grandfather. The rock Fishing was phenomenal and the couple of lings pulled up were big. I’ve got a party coming up with 30 people expecting tacos. I was able to make enough meat for the tacos and plenty more. My Gramps caught a giant sheepshead and loved every minute of it. We both look forward to doing it again. Wish I had more pics but didn’t take too many living in the moment.

Nice! Was Sammy around? Spoke w/him a month ago, said he’s getting tired and doesn’t get to PST as much. Love that place when the fog/winds are down - scenic. Any info about offshore? Was thinking about going down before the winds on Friday to search for Dodo’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #3
Ggiannig89

Sam was supposed to be there but I never seen him show up. The panguero said the dodos were close a couple weeks before. I wanted to head offshore but didn’t end up happening. Kelp line was loaded with tons of 4-5” sardines and macs. I’d like to head back soon and fish it from the yak and bait tank.
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #4
(a D u B)
Junior

Awesome looking trip! Way to go G
(a D u B) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:37 AM   #5
dpricenator

LOVE IT. That Sheepshead is awesome. I remember mu last outing with my Granddad, like it was yesterday. I hope I never forget how great he was. Keep adding to those memories, at some point it will be all you have.
dpricenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:58 AM   #6
Slay Rider

There you go!