Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Chuck D

May Tails

SO, in respect of posting too timely a report and keeping my anonimity during the Yellowtail Derby I decided to post a recent but not too recent report from the month of May. My work schedule changed for the better and I required some much needed on the water time to make up for lost time. I managed to get a good nine or ten days on the water for this month so I compiled my findings for all to see
The month kicked off with a 3/4 day adventure on the a cattle boat (I know this is not a kayak fish but there are more to come), I had to use a voucher that I won a while back and so out I went. We ran into a couple boilers and my surface Iron found the mouth of two YT's. Only one landed (24lbs) due to a deck hand handing off his rod to an 8yr old who sawed off my favorite Jig and fish Gotta love the cattle boats. Got a Red and Sculpin too Anyways it was pretty cool to see YT hit the jig from such a high vantage point. 5 were caught on the boat total and they seemed to be the first the boat caught all year, way to start it off.
Now it is time to head out on the Yak. Deep , deep, deep, birds, birds, birds, YT 27lbs, Flyline Mak.
Next, middle grounds, kelp line, Flyline, 28lbs.
Got a day to hit up Lake Poway, got a 4lb trout afternoon bite. Smoked it up, mmmmm.
Lastly shallow on the way home after a rough day, a school blew up in front of me. Iron goes out, flyline goes off. Hell of a fight took about 20 min 31.5 lbs.
Additional credits go to two monsters lost in the Kelp and a Mako I posted about a week ago.
Glad to hear that the 31.5 pounder landed me in second place for the month long Yellow Tail Derby contest. Boy I love to beat up on PBers
I hope ya'll get out on the water and put in your time, the reward are usually paid off more so than waiting for the secret post of the century! Thanks for watching. Tight lines everyone
Attached Images

Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Dennis

congrats on placing! nice fish
Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
chris138
donkey roper

Nice one!!
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Gigafish

Firecrackers were the norm on the local cattle boats that I fished. Anything above 10lbs. was jackpot worthy. Kayak fishing has def. raised the bar. Congrats.
Gigafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
lamb

That's a great month in anyone's book.

Nice going!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

SOLID fish!

Thanks for donating the carcasses as well!

See you on the water

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
NextBite

Nice 's
NextBite is offline   Reply With Quote