Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

LJ 2-4-06

Cold, foggy, small surf, changing winds, but not heavy, slightly chilly, very little bait to be found, little to no current, not much life. A handful of kayakers. Got hooked up on the bottom, wrapped me in a buoy, probably a BSB. Tried to salvage the morning with bass points, for nada. Good fishin with the Madscientist; I think I am skipping fishing, and sleeping in and watching the superbowl tomorrow. My prediction Seahawks 41 Pitts 38!!! :P
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
madscientist

Tried to do the Arne special. Got down there at 4:30 and raced over to the pier for bait. Threw out a handfull of dry catfood and had perfect greenies as fast as I could reel em in. Headed out into the blackness, almost got a little vertigo from the fog and sharp swell. Marked a huge ball on the canyon edge but not a lot after. Worked a number of spots but not much happening. Shortly after I hooked holy mac up with a choice greenback, this happened....

He got towed a bit, but not enough for us to think it was really the right kind. He looked happy though, even though he is now a half assed bass fisherman :P .

Fish pulled him into a lobster line that, despite our best efforts, we were not able to untangle. My call is a 30-50lb class BSB. Chris went to play with the little fishies and I headed out deeper. Lots of big bait balls but the water color varied between tea and coffee. No sign of anything big.

Heading in I found a big mass of greenies and stocked up on lobster bait.

Saw one big whale and a pod of dolphins, otherwise pretty dull and dreary morning.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:36 PM   #3
kurt

Hope the water warms up soon. Looks like you got your fishfinder back. What was wrong with it before, too much greenback slime? :lol: What do you use that cleat for right in front of your finder? Or is that the bottle opener? Thanks for the report, Mad Mackerel and Holy Scientist.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote