Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Bluewater Jon
Author & yakker

HUGE tuna landed by yakker with no help!

Guys, looks like some guy named Dave Lamoureux from Mass. near Cape Cod paddled himself out for a big ol' bluefin tuna, which was officially weighed at 157 pounds. Coolest thing about it is that, from what I can tell, the dude did it with no chase boat, and no help!
Can you believe that?
IMO that rocks!
Here's the article:
http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pb...EWS/911060327/
On a slightly more mundane front, if you wanna see what I've been up to, check out my blog at http://bluewaterjon.blogspot.com/
I haven't been doing any yakking but I've been getting doing a lot of magazine (writing and photography) work and enjoying some great travel adventures to fishing hotspots like Panama, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Kona, and Nicaragua, and I've been lucky enough to photograph some big ol' marlin from helicopters, as well as face to face underwater.

Take care guys!
Jon Schwartz
Fishing Articles, Photography, and Travel
http://www.bluewaterjon.com/
Bluewater Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
Matt
Support your local pangas

Ya may want to start checking out your own backyard man?? We need you up in LA on the tenth of november!!!! And if you can convince the school district to bus your kids in too...that would be awesome!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
Billy V

Seriously Jon, it will be "Game Over" after November 10th.
-We are certainly going to lose some valuable fishing areas in our back yard.

If it is at all possible to bring your students to La. for the final meeting I am sure it will make a difference.
-The Environmentalist have been bussing in school kids from Compton to fill the seats on the enviro side of the isle.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
Bluewater Jon
Author & yakker

Guys, that would not work. I have to teach school that day and the kids need to be in class, 90 minutes to the south in Oceanside. Bringing kids out of school to travel 5 miles, let alone to LA from Oceanside- especially if they are not my kids, but the kids who I have signed up to teach- is not an option. We don't have money to take them on many field trips as it is.
Just because the other side is stooping to using kids as pawns doesn't mean I will. I could lose my job for a variety of reasons. As much as I am convinced that the closures are not a good idea, I have no right to bring kids who are not fully informed into the mix.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
bellcon

Quote:
Guys, that would not work. I have to teach school that day and the kids need to be in class, 90 minutes to the south in Oceanside. Bringing kids out of school to travel 5 miles, let alone to LA from Oceanside- especially if they are not my kids, but the kids who I have signed up to teach- is not an option. We don't have money to take them on many field trips as it is.
Just because the other side is stooping to using kids as pawns doesn't mean I will. I could lose my job for a variety of reasons. As much as I am convinced that the closures are not a good idea, I have no right to bring kids who are not fully informed into the mix.
I agree Jon
and that makes complete sense...
But do you think you could call in sick on Tuesday the 10th?

We could really use your help...
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
Bluewater Jon
Author & yakker

re: work

I'd like to, but I can't. Just this past week I was offered a sweet photo gig in Oahu with a major clothing manufacturer, all expenses paid plus a whole lotta bread (way more than I make in a week teaching), all I had to do was do a one day shoot and be absent the 10th ( since we don't have school on the 11th) and I had to turn it down cuz I need to be in the classroom as much as possible.
Last year I took a lot of "sick days" and then somehow got strep throat, which forced me to take a whole lot of real sick days. Strep throat when you are over 40- and I just turned 40- is wretched.

Last edited by Bluewater Jon; 11-08-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: bread and butter
Old 11-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
Dan

Nice Tuna!!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote