Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2021, 05:21 PM   #1
JJ

Hello Arkadash,

Wishing your wife all the best for a speedy recovery.
I hope she is well and pulls through with flying colors.

I absolutely love reading about your adventures.
I am living vicariously through your write ups.
So amazing to see how people adapt to different landscapes and conditions to pursue what they love to do.

I am glad to hear your kin is doing OK.
Haven't been to Park City in over 3 decades.
Beautiful place.

Thank you, again, for sharing your adventure in such a great way.
And, by the way, I call BU!!$h!t on all that getting old stuff.
Take good care of yourself and keep doing what you love.

Cheers and tight lines.

-JJ-
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:51 PM   #2
Mahigeer

Merhaba JJ,

You are very kind with your nice post. Sag ol arkadsh.

My wife is doing much better. The monitor arrived yesterday and she is wearing it for the next two weeks. I hope it shows something to help the Dr.s with their diagnosis.

The best news is that, she felt good enough to go visit my daughter and grandson for a week.

That means this Monday-Wednesday, I will be fishing the newly opened Mole with my friend Ken Jones.

In case readers here are not aware, the Cabrillo Mole "Mole" for short in the city of Avalon is California public pier. It had been closed for construction for about a year.

Which meant no fishing. But now it is open and reports are fishing is good.

My friend has been waiting for me since first of the year to go. I could not (more like, would not) postpone my ice fishing trip. Now we can not wait to hit both piers on Avalon.

A report to follow.

Be well.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:30 PM   #3
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
The best news is that, she felt good enough to go visit my daughter and grandson for a week.

That means this Monday-Wednesday, I will be fishing the newly opened Mole with my friend Ken Jones.

In case readers here are not aware, the Cabrillo Mole "Mole" for short in the city of Avalon is California public pier. It had been closed for construction for about a year.

Which meant no fishing. But now it is open and reports are fishing is good.

My friend has been waiting for me since first of the year to go. I could not (more like, would not) postpone my ice fishing trip. Now we can not wait to hit both piers on Avalon.

A report to follow.

Be well.
So you will be making a trip to Catalina Island! I did not think they allowed fishing on that mole due to its proximity to Lover's cove which was a sanctuary. They would feed the fish for the glass bottom boat in lover's cove, and there was a healthy stock of Perch, Opaleye and Calico Bass the last time I was there(LOL back in the 90's). Light tackle would be fun off there, too bad you can't bring your kayak -- leave it at your daughter's place.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 06:53 AM   #4
Mahigeer

Some clarification is indicated here;
My daughter lives in Claremont off of 210 freeways. Not Catalina. I wish she did.

I have been fishing the Mole since 2006. The MLPA regulation allows “fin fish with hook and line”. Only from the pier (Mole). Thus, the boats cannot fish in front of the Mole from the flag pole to the Lover’s Cove border.
No hoop netting either anymore. Thanks to Arnold.

There is a crane at the separation line between Mole and the Lover’s Cove.
If the picture is enlarged, in the distance there is a white building. Behind it is a “T” shape blue metal unit. That is a part of the crane. Beyond the crane is the Lover’s Cove.

The work was done to replace the rusted beams/girders and the surface grids. The concrete floor is also looks like was replaced. This an old picture.

Note about Love’s Cove: Due to its location in the past, no one from the town could see the Cove, so lovers would use it to be romantic. Thus, the name.

Caught a lot of lobster before MLPA at the Cabrillo Mole (Mole for short). Being a California public pier, no license for fishing is required. Lobster card was required before MLPA.

Was there a lobster card before MLPA? Now I can’t remember.

As to kayak fishing, there are rentals on the island but not available for night fishing. I bought a Hobie 11’ inflatable and was allowed to take it on Catalina Express.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote