Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2017, 09:01 AM   #1
ProfessorLongArms

Live Bait Rigging Question

Easily the most exciting moments I've had in my kayak so far happened with live bait on my line.
I try to keep at least one live mack in the water the whole time I'm fishing at this point...

Was about to head to the tackle shop to re-up my terminal tackle, and have been chewing on a couple of things.

Lately I've been using the three way break-away http://www.in-fisherman.com/files/20...-Fisherman.jpg
and also ordered some three way swivels so I'm not tying directly to the top eye with my weight.

Yesterday I pulled in my (break away) rig and noticed the bait had twisted up around the weight.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening? (not using a spinning rod, so no line twist)

I'm also curious how many people prefer a carolina rig or something altogether different.

I'm also curious how much preference there is for a trap rig, especially with Halibut being so finicky about the way they take a bait on the troll.

I have the worst luck with treble hooks in general, and have been apprehensive to try lest they snag on everything.

Last edited by ProfessorLongArms; 11-28-2017 at 01:43 PM.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote