Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
Drake

Photo from tonight.

Sorry this isn't kayak related, but I thought you all might enjoy

Figured Perseid was a great oppotunity to get out and take some photos. I've been so busy with school/fishing/surfing/traveling that I haven't had much time to get out and shoot this summer, so I dusted off the glass and made an adventure out of it.

Living in the heart of San Diego, there's really no good spots to take a good photo of the sky, so me and my roommate packed up the car with a cooler full of beer and snacks, some good tunes and drove out to Cuyamaca. He was looking for a place to park his butt and pop open a cold one. I, on the other hand was scanning frantically along the side of the road to find a good foreground. I noticed this tree from a far and it just happened to have a great place for us to plop down the lawn chairs.

I had busted my shutter release by accident and haven't gotten around to replacing it. However thanks to it being 2012 and people much smarter than I am, the Tethering studio for Adobe Lightroom plug in, an extended USB cable and cheap old mouse allowed me to remotely control my shutter through my Macbook. Thanks Steve Jobs, R.I.P

I have some with better meteor trails (there is one on the right) but I like the way this one was framed. No thanks to Photobucket, this photos quality has been drastically reduced. :/

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Drake; 08-12-2012 at 05:49 AM.