Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Hammerhead_77

slow going for lobster...just me?

I spent another slow night on the water getting my shoulder exercise... Two buddies and I tired hooping along the mission bay channel jetty. The total for the three of us was 1 legal and 1 short. Some guys in a PB said it was so slow lately that they pulled up stakes and quit early...

Anyone else having a slow hooping season or is it just a testament to the degree that I suck?

What is the prevailing school of thought on bait? Is fresh best or the stinkier the better?

As an aside...how many freaking commercial lobster guys are there?!?! those boueys are thick in just about every patch of kelp or rock out there...
Hammerhead_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Comanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead_77 View Post
I spent another slow night on the water getting my shoulder exercise... Two buddies and I tired hooping along the mission bay channel jetty. The total for the three of us was 1 legal and 1 short. Some guys in a PB said it was so slow lately that they pulled up stakes and quit early...

Anyone else having a slow hooping season or is it just a testament to the degree that I suck?

What is the prevailing school of thought on bait? Is fresh best or the stinkier the better?

As an aside...how many freaking commercial lobster guys are there?!?! those boueys are thick in just about every patch of kelp or rock out there...

It's about that time of year where they head into deeper water. If you plan on getting them close to shore wait for a big storm and hoop once it passes.

In about two weeks or less we will have our first big storm roll in. It will keep bugs in thw holes...Thus they will be extra hungry...It has bee said that bugs will travel up to 5 miles looking for food every night.