Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2016, 09:00 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

New F&G Commission appointees

I'm sorry to say Don Hanson was not appointed to the F & G Commission.

The following individuals have been appointed the open positions...
I only hope they fish and/or hunt.

Russell Burns, 55, of Napa, has been appointed to the California Fish and Game Commission. Burns has been business manager at Operating Engineers Local Union 3 since 2006, where he has held several positions since 1994, including treasurer, financial secretary, district representative, special representative to the business manager and business agent. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Burns is a Democrat.

Peter Silva, 63, of Chula Vista, has been appointed to the California Fish and Game Commission. Silva has been president and chief executive officer at Silva-Silva International since 2011. He served as assistant administrator for water at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency from 2009 to 2011, senior policy advisor at the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California from 2005 to 2009 and vice chair at the State Water Resources Control Board from 2000 to 2005. Silva was deputy general manager at the Border Environment Cooperation Commission from 1997 to 2000 and served in several positions at the City of San Diego Public Utilities Department from 1987 to 1997, including deputy director for water utilities, assistant deputy director for the clean water program and civil engineer. He was a resident engineer at the International Boundary and Water Commission from 1983 to 1987. Silva was an engineer at the San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board from 1982 to 1983, at the Otay Water District from 1980 to 1982 and at the Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board from 1977 to 1980. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Silva is a Democrat.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Awesome, enviros and Democrats= we're f#*!ed!! Don't be be surprised if we get more MPA'S in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
chris138
donkey roper

Thanks Obama!

chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:46 AM   #4
Saba Slayer

OBAMA...?

Obama...?
Jerry Brown and his office is the one doing the appointments...putting the blame on Obama or any other president, for California's political F&G appointments is a little weak...?
Please get involved and informed of the politics...before pointing your finger or your Buddy's finger up in the air.
PM me if you want some info or join the CCA's government relations committees or go to a few DFG meetings to get informed.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:56 AM   #5
FullFlavorPike

Time to make the ocean great again!!!!!
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:20 AM   #6
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
Obama...?
Jerry Brown and his office is the one doing the appointments...putting the blame on Obama or any other president, for California's political F&G appointments is a little weak...?
Please get involved and informed of the politics...before pointing your finger or your Buddy's finger up in the air.
PM me if you want some info or join the CCA's government relations committees or go to a few DFG meetings to get informed.
I thought all I had to do was blame Obama and say Libtard to win any internet thread...
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:36 PM   #7
monstahfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
Time to make the ocean great again!!!!!
Ha yeah, here's my impression on what Trump would do with our fisheries "We're gonna make the ocean so great. We're gonna take huuuuge amounts of fish cause it's good for business. So many fish, the commercial fisherman will be shitting in gold toilets. When we run out of fish, we'll just declare bankruptcy and figure it out from there. And for the swimmers, we're gonna make it grrreaat there wouldn't be any fish left pissing in it so you can go swimming without all that filthy nature."

He's a businessman who can't manage within his means, declares bankruptcy, stiffs his lenders and starts over again with what's left of daddies money. I don't like the democrats either, in fact I want to ban political parties, this is just my feeling based on Trump's history.

As for the california fish and game commission, having seen what happens on the east coast when the ASMFC got too in favor of the commercial and charter boats, we need to be all over these groups to find the right balance or they will screw us hard. I'll step off my soap box and await the pile of crap that's about to be hurled my way by rabid Trump fans.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:56 PM   #8
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
Ha yeah, here's my impression on what Trump would do with our fisheries "We're gonna make the ocean so great. We're gonna take huuuuge amounts of fish cause it's good for business. So many fish, the commercial fisherman will be shitting in gold toilets. When we run out of fish, we'll just declare bankruptcy and figure it out from there. And for the swimmers, we're gonna make it grrreaat there wouldn't be any fish left pissing in it so you can go swimming without all that filthy nature."

He's a businessman who can't manage within his means, declares bankruptcy, stiffs his lenders and starts over again with what's left of daddies money. I don't like the democrats either, in fact I want to ban political parties, this is just my feeling based on Trump's history.

As for the california fish and game commission, having seen what happens on the east coast when the ASMFC got too in favor of the commercial and charter boats, we need to be all over these groups to find the right balance or they will screw us hard. I'll step off my soap box and await the pile of crap that's about to be hurled my way by rabid Trump fans.

Wait, Trump has fans??
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
YakDout
Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #10
momo fish

momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #11
DanaPT

politics?

we ought to befriend these peeps, take them fishing, buy them a beer.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #12
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
Obama...?
True, but to think he doesnt have some influence might be naive. Obama appoints directors of the EPA, the EPA partners with NOAA, who set the directives for the MPA's. Everything is just enforced by the DFG. Just like the air regulations come from the EPA, but CARB and the local air districts enforce the rules.

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/mpa.html

http://www.jerrybrownfactcheck.com/brown-obama/

Old 05-10-2016, 03:20 PM   #13
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Lol! It drives me crazy when people say, " I was going to join, but......(fill in with some lame excuse)".