Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
Jimmyz123

Help Needed, not fishing relate

Greetings all, it comes with a great pride flush that I reach out to you all, help if you can, pray if you can, send positive thoughts if you can.

Last year in October my son was arrested from school, he's 8 years old, because the principal thought he was a threat to the school. He was having an out burst that we have come to learn is part of his Autism that he was diagnosed with. Since then we have been fighting the school district with lawyers, advocates, and doing all we can to get him placed in a school that can really help him. The school wants to ignore all of the professionals that have signed off on his diagnosis, and put him in a treatment school for emotionally disturb children, of which Nick is not. There is so much more, I don't want to bore you all with the details. Here's a link to a page that I setup to help us cover the costs that we've had to endure so far and much more to come. If you can help, please do so, if not a prayer and a tip of the cap will do as well.

God Bless,
JimmyZ
http://www.gofundme.com/gofund-me-sn9sb32b

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:56 PM   #2
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Jimmy you know you are in my prayers and a monthly donation is being sent from our hearts to your family. Get back up and continue helping others, hope to see you and your son at some of our events.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:55 PM   #3
Jimmyz123

Thank you Bob, that means a lot to myself and my family.
I will for sure start becoming more active with events. Thanks to all have helped.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 05-05-2015, 05:21 AM   #4
Jimmyz123

Thank you

There have been some amazing donations made from the people on this site. Thank you to those of you who have helped you have helped to rebuild my faith that things will get better, and my son will get the help he needs. Thank you.

You BWE people rock!

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 05-05-2015, 08:29 AM   #5
tsugg
LOWSPARK

Maybe I can at least shed some light

Jimmy, if you're interested, give me a call. Our family has gone through a similar situation at my sons school. Claiming my son had ADD, turned to be not true at all. But in the process we pulled him out of public school. You can call me anytime. 760-845-6901 take care and always believe in your child.
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:00 AM   #6
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugg View Post
Jimmy, if you're interested, give me a call. Our family has gone through a similar situation at my sons school. Claiming my son had ADD, turned to be not true at all. But in the process we pulled him out of public school. You can call me anytime. 760-845-6901 take care and always believe in your child.
Thanks Tsugg I'll give you a ring. Sadly most schools want to jump to the ADHD and push for the parents to get their child on pills instead of trying to provide the child with what they truly need. The school kept pushing my son, he's 8 now, to the point where his frustrations finally lashed out. In his anger, and people who understand Autism know what I'm talking about, does not recall much of what he says, and sometimes does throw out threats, and appears to be destructive. So the principal at his school went against all protocol and called to have him arrested for being a threat to the school. This was wrong in so many ways. We're trying to find a lawyer that can take on our case to sue the school district but are having a tough time doing so. Thanks for the support man.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 05-05-2015, 05:10 PM   #7
bubblehide

Jimmy, I'm a School Psychologist and know my way around special education law. So if you want to discuss anything, just shoot me a PM, I'll give you my number.

If you can not afford an attorney, you might try The Alliance for Children's Rights. They primarily assist with children in the foster care system, but they might be able to help, or at least point you in the right direction in obtaining an attorney. If you can afford an attorney, I can give you a couple good names. But keep in minds, that most school districts have attorneys that specialize in educational law on retainer. So you want to be sure your not hiring a firm that represents the school district.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #8
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
Jimmy, I'm a School Psychologist and know my way around special education law. So if you want to discuss anything, just shoot me a PM, I'll give you my number.

If you can not afford an attorney, you might try The Alliance for Children's Rights. They primarily assist with children in the foster care system, but they might be able to help, or at least point you in the right direction in obtaining an attorney. If you can afford an attorney, I can give you a couple good names. But keep in minds, that most school districts have attorneys that specialize in educational law on retainer. So you want to be sure your not hiring a firm that represents the school district.
Thanks man, I will give you a call and check out the website.

God Bless,
JimmyZ