Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2015, 10:40 PM   #1
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

New Camera Technique For Your Next Fishing Video

I like the GoPro videos of members catching fish, but look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGc...ature=youtu.be
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:09 AM   #2
easyday

Would be cool if it had longer than a 20 min flight time.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:41 AM   #3
ironcross6921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. NiceGuy View Post
I like the GoPro videos of members catching fish, but look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGc...ature=youtu.be
20 min flight time and no way to install a replacement battery make it a no go for me. Since its water proof the factory decided to build it so you can not remove/access the battery (as stated in response to a customers question on their website) to put in a spare which means 1 flight then wait till your home to charge again (oh charge time is a approx. 120min). Second since its using a lithium ion battery (which as like your laptop degrades over time) what happens when it no longer holds a charge? Once again no replacement battery so you effectively have an expensive paper weight.....Yes I have looked into the Lily extensively (wanted to use it for when I took my truck out to rock crawl) but came across to many what ifs. How difficult would it have been to add a fully sealed battery compartment and sell spare batteries. And third no collision avoidance system i.e. low battery and lands on its own.....oh well kid should have been looking up, and hope mom and dad don't have their lawyer on speed dial and are understanding of your new toy.
ironcross6921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:16 AM   #4
monstahfish

There's a lot of cool new drones coming out but none of them have taken into account tree or uneven terrain avoidance as far as I've seen. I would use it for skiing and fishing but I like to ski in the trees and what if I want to shoot flyfishing a river in a canyon? When they make one that's waterproof, has changeable batteries, floats and has collision avoidance, I'm totally in. It may take another 2 years before we see it actually on the market. The strange part is it's not that difficult and seems like a massive oversight for these companies. Irobot has been doing if for a long time they just need a larger array of sensors to account for the different directions it can move in.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:36 AM   #5
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

I'll launch it right before landing at the beach, that way it will catch my yard sale from an overhead perspective.
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:12 AM   #6
WARRIORMIKE

Its nice, but there all so expensive. Not to sure if I want to invest the money on a drone yet
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:13 PM   #7
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

$600 is not too expensive. It would be nice to make some introduction clips or other scenes for embellishing the video. Wouldn't have to be the fish fight, but something else to set the mood.

A birds eye view of everyone on the beach getting ready to launch, or following you through the surf. Scenes traveling out to fish, both land and water.

Etc.

I can visualize some nice new angles to spice up these kinds of fun video productions.

---

If it's launched during a fish fight, I wonder if it's easy to find and retrieve after the batteries die? It would be nice to have some kind of reverse homing device for a pickup.

Here's the pre-order web link:
https://www.lily.camera/
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #8
Raskal311

it was $500 a week ago.