Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
Justin
Junior

First time going to Cabrillo marina info plz

This sunday morning I will me kayaking Cabrillo marina any 1 now good area for launching my kayak? Is the boat launch area good n is it close to the bait barge out there? whats a good area for those big butts hehehe? any info will help

Last edited by Justin; 03-06-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #2
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

"This sunday morning I will me kayaking Cabrillo marina any 1 now good area for lunching my kayak?"

Why would you want to eat your kayak? Have fun and tell us how you did. Grew up in San Pedro. Spent many summers on the beaches squeezing the ink out of sea hares there as a kid.
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #3
svendawg

Go to this

You should sign up for this tournament. You will get to kayak and fish with some experts.
I'm sure everyone will share info with you

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...hlight=halibut
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
jorluivil

The best place to launch is from the boat launch, just make sure you launch away from the docks so that you do not interfere with the boats that are launching. I don't know what the bait barge has for bait right now but the last that I heard they only had chovies so you'll have to make bait, best place for this is at the mouth/Angels Gate lighthouse.

Best place to catch the big butts? Its'probably going to be in the area near.............cra*p!!!! laptop battery is going dead......gotta go

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
GregAndrew

The best place for Butts out there is the bottom few feet . Really, just about anywhere in the harbor can be good on any given day. Most of the area on the South side, as you leave the boat launch, is shallow (20' or less). Most of the center and North side is deeper (40 to 55'). If you get in water over 60', keep your head up and eyes scanning cause you are close to a channel. Lots of traffic in the port.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #6
otterpupster

Send a message via MSN to otterpupster
Forget 'bout launching on Sun. at the boat Launch(goin 2b a ZOO!)Go to the main entry n launch by the jetty.You'll nd2 drag ur k ayak across the sand on the Harbor side(Tide mayb coming in rd 8:00 am).Check surf 4Sun. if flat u-could launch on the ocean side.Watch4 early aftn wind.They du call the area "Hurricane Gulch".Gd Luck
otterpupster is offline   Reply With Quote