Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
GONZAGA/Las Encantadas JULY

ATTENTION GUESTS for you to ride the BAJA EXPRESS all you need do is join BWE, only takes a minute of your time to JOIN our COMMINITY and Welcome Aboard..

Ride the BAJA EXPRESS Join me on another trip to PARADISE.

11-19 of JULY Coming back on a Saturday is much quicker than Sunday afternoons. One week trip, again max of 6 plus me. If you sign up and cancel it means someone else cannot attend. First 6 plus one on standby. Each person coming on this trip will be responsible for one dinner for the whole crew. So food for 7 for one dinner. We will talk about breakfasts and lunches as we get closer. Food for this trip should cost each of us about $80.00 maximum. My fuel on the last trip was $220, take a friend and cut your gas bill in half. Expect to leave from Johnny's Shell station in El Cajon at 6:00am on FRIDAY morning. Arriving in camp by 2 pm, leaving you time for an afternoon session on the Sea of Cortez or lot's of time to set up camp. Should not get dark until about 9 pm.

Ice and drinks will increase the cost of the trip. Drinking water will be important and we will each need 5-10 gallons. The water tank on the roof is only for showers and flushing the toilets and will cost us $5.00 each for the week if we are frugal. Last trip someone left a faucet on over night and it was $40.00 down the drain, so we need to be careful.

If YOU wish to join the Baja Express on this trip, post here, you may PM me but to confirm a space on this trip you must POST HERE. Thanks guys, and enjoy. Remember passports and Mex fishing licenses. Dollars are ok in the area we are going, no need to exchange dollars to pasos.

BTW, one person may ride with me and share expenses on fuel, I have room for your gear on the back of the truck with your Kayak on the roof rack. Fuel, insurance costs should be less than $120.00 for you. You would arrive at my place around 4:30, we would load you up, leaving your vechicle securely parked at my place and head on out to El Cajon to meet up with the rest of the caravan.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 04-30-2014 at 09:24 PM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
walrus

I 'll fill your empty seat if it's still available.

Wally
Old 04-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus View Post
I 'll fill your empty seat if it's still available.

Wally
Wally, you have seat #1 you are confirmed. If you are into fly fishing PLEASE bring a fly rod as I have a feeling that July will be AWESOME on that flat up towards the big tree going north from camp, you know the area. I would think 12-30 lb tippets. 6-9 weight rod and matching reel with sinking head.

So now MY truck if FULL. Wally will be riding with me. This will be another FUN trip.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 04-27-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
walrus

No fly rod, but I know how to fish flies using a spinning rod, I'll bring that set up. What do I need in the way of a fly?
Old 04-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus View Post
No fly rod, but I know how to fish flies using a spinning rod, I'll bring that set up. What do I need in the way of a fly?
I've got a few AND I will bring a vice and some materials so you can build your own fly and catch a fish with IT. Might even have a spare rod you can use. This is starting to get exciting.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 04-30-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

UP DATE

This might be my LAST OPEN TRIP this year. May is 8-18 and coming fast spaces still available, June I have the whole month in San Quintin and anyone can come down at any time. July, this trip still has openings available, August no trips planed, September I hava a Private CLOSED trip from the 2nd-8th. October is the FLY FISHING trip from the 18th-25th with 4 spaces left. 13-20 November is another Private CLOSED trip. December no trips planed.

So this might be YOUR LAST CHANCE to fish with Baja or Bust until next year. The BAJA EXPRESS has and is taking up a lot of my time and I love it!!!!! However I have other passions and need some time for them.

AND I will continue the BAJA EXPRESS into 2015. BTW YOU too can contact me to set up a Private CLOSED trip. Rules, costs are the same, no changes. BUT YOU have to get your people together, 6 maximum, plan the meals, get the food, set the dates, and do most of the cooking. Tight lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #7
makobob
Baitless on Baja

11-19th of JULY, so far it is me and Wally, 4 spaces available the weather will be warm. we will work Las Encantadas AND Gonzaga.............interested parties?

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN