Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #1
warburto

November 1st LJ noob report

Here's the noob report for the La Jolla kelp for Sunday. We launched at 6:45 to a slight offshore wind and ankle slappers. Headed straight for the reserve line where we made bait fairly easily (all jack/spanish mackerel, no greens to be found). We dragged the bait around along the northern kelp line, with lots of pauses to flip pastics and jigs, but for no love on anything. Dogs took bait several times. Mid-day my buddy caught a bonito on a dead in the water floating rapala while he was messing with something else. I caught a short calico on a waxwing 88. Although not officially a skunk, still smelled pretty skunky to me.

Water temp was still warm, reading 70 on the FF.

Otherwise a beautiful day on the water. Winds shifted around noon to give us a nice push into the beach.

This is my 5th time out at LJ, and no keeper YT yet. Any hints or encouragement would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Last edited by warburto; 11-02-2015 at 08:13 AM.
warburto is offline   Reply With Quote