Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
ratdog

5/28 am

Launched at 5am, lots of people at the launch but not a problem. Made bait very quicly about 50 yards west of the pier with my sabiki tipped with cut squid. got 1 sardine, 2 sp macks and 2 greebacks. Dropped my sabiki down for more, as soon as i felt the tug I was retieving when I bigger tug hit and took my whole freaking rig! I'm guessing halibut since it was on the bottom. (Yeh!) I trailed the sp low the grennie high, all over the place for hours, nada. A group of approx 25 yakers were densly pack in front of the hotel (looked like my 7yr olds soccer team), Evenually I went out to deeper water, whipped out my frozen squid and cut up a spanish and meat fished until I had enough for a couple of dinners.
Got back in about 12;30 to find my vehicle completely boxed in, and knew I would never come back to fish on a holiday.
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote