Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
Dan

5/25 AM LJ

Jumbo cuda fest out there with a crew of dogs and a lingering pod of risso's rounding out the fun. Any greenie in the water was destroyed in under a minute while the spanish were untouched (except by dogs). Still a huge volume of jumbo spanish macs out there -all over the place. Easy all you can handle greenbacks at the pier early.

Plenty fishy, just couldn't get the bait or iron past the slimers. Saw one nice size yellow landed out in the bull kelp----and he had to battle a dog in the end.

Back on it Tuesday after the Memorial Meyhem.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
dorado50

Good report. The and other fish will probably come up Sat or Sun. You are probably right about mayham this weekend. Think I'll head over to Catalina today and fish there.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
FISHIONADO

I forgot to set my alarm, comfortable launch at 6:00am. Caught a couple spanish and one 12" greenback near the first kelp. Had several strong clicker runs and scarred baits to keep it interesting. Caught a 12" treefish on one of the spanish, an 11" sculpin on a gulp squid, and some small perch on the sabiki. The Dolphin and New Seaforth were both anchored just northwest of Anchor Rock, saw them pulling in a lot of cudas. Water was cleaner, maybe 15' visibility, seemed very very fishy but had to leave early for work.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Got windy later. The windchop got bad and I headed in around 1pm. Had a couple small spanish left so I drifted in the kelp via the wind from the point to the cans for 2 decent calicos.. Haven't caught a calico in quite a while. I can't wait until the days when the sun comes out early.. or atleast comes out at all...
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Dennis

Same story here... Launched at 0530, and headed for the pier. Lots of greenies west of the pier. Paddled through the canyon, and over to the kelp to lose 3-4 baits to a perro... Caught a red on the iron, but that was it. Paddled in with JohnnyCeviche, and landed in 1.5fters.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
h2ofishfo

well seems like its a dog refuge in lajolla headed out sat hope its better
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:02 AM   #7
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

I'll be out Memorial day. Fingers crossed..... I know it's going to be a zoo. I'll be out extra early for sure.....
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote