Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
mark kleiter

Thumbs up Great weekend south!

Went south to Puenta Santo Tomas will fellow member and longtime friend. Packed up the kayaks and camping gear and headed south cross the border. Been 20 plus years since I have ventured to Mex. Thank God it was a safe trip with no hassles. Sam and Don Santos were very hospitable. Great place to camp and fish. Score on the lings, reds, white, and rockfish. Sorry to report no surface action. Conditions were epic. 5mi. wind max in the morning. Glasseeeee conditions till about 4pm. Rapped some kelp around the leg and dropped thru the pot holes. I would have to say 1 out of 3 drops were successful. Had a great time hooking up and relaxing . Plan on a trip soon with the family and friends to follow. Looking forward to BK's post tonight with pictures. A must place to venture when summer and early fall hits.
mark kleiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:04 AM   #2
Mr_PeaCH

Good to hear! Sounds like fabulous conditions. Man, for my money, you can't beat PST and a kayak. I know it doesn't exactly make the grade in the pursuit for the premier game fish but potholing and fishing the drop-offs for all the rockfish on light tackle keeps me happy all day. The very best eating too. Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Mr_PeaCH is offline   Reply With Quote