Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
SLYACKER

Yakima boatloader extention??

Just curious, im car topping a PA14 and dont feel like having a bad back yet so i was looking at the boatloader extwnsion pole for the yakima racks. Has anyone used it before and how do you like it? Thanks guys
SLYACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:16 PM   #2
Rambo

I still have it on my Scion XB. Its quite easy to load and unload the PA14 with the Yakima boat loader on the roof rack. The trick is to angle the front end of the kayak just right and lift and sway the PA14 as far to the other side as you can then put the back end of the PA14 on the other rear bar. Dont lift direct straight, doing so will cause the PA to slip off the boat loader.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjDHxgA2BJI

Last edited by Rambo; 04-22-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
SLYACKER

I picked one up today so we will see how it goes
Old 04-23-2015, 09:02 PM   #4
RookieYakker

I have a Lexus IS250 and use it to load my PA12. It takes a little practice, but once you have it down it's actually easier than getting someone to help you! I learned from the same video Rambo posted above. One thing, put a towel down between the rails from the roof to the middle of the doors. It might save you the scratches that I picked up.
RookieYakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #5
Batastrophe
Junior

I use the Boatloader for my 13' 92# Predator XL and it works like a charm. X2 on the advice above with angling and have some side protection for the car to avoid scratches. Doesn't take much practice to get it figured out and then it's a breeze.

I also use the technique technique below just to be sure that the yak does not slip off when loading. It takes less than a minute and is worth it for the reduced worries.

http://enviroyak.blogspot.com/2012/0...wind-with.html
Batastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:23 PM   #6
SLYACKER

Im pretty impressed with it so far, wish i would have had it a long time ago makes for easy fast loading and unloading