Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 07-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #21
bun
BUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
After this trip, later in 2017 I bought a 4X4 4Runner for Baja trips.

Now I am good for my ice fishing trips too.

From post of 2014 in front of Alfonsina's Hotel

25-Well I got stuck after unloading the kayak. Doho

26-The yellow plastic gadget is called Road Chew. It is supposed to help stranded motorist get out of snow and mud and sand, etc.

It actually got buried in the sand and I had to dig the area of the tire tracks to find them. It did not work for me.
have you seen the thing in OZ for getting you out the thing attaches to your stuck wheel a rope goes onto It stake it into the sand or another vech and it pulls you out
bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:26 AM   #22
Mahigeer

No, but I got some bigger ones called Maxtrax. I think they are from Australia.
Used them once at Mako-vill, where the quad towing the alum. Boat got stuck. Dave used his truck to get the quad out.
Thus, the jury is out on that on too.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:23 AM   #23
ProfessorLongArms

For the money, I ended up going with a Nissan *Specifically* so I could afford a 4x4.... I find them to be just about as reliable and capable.

My day to day ride is the car I keep nice, and I couldn't really fathom putting a saltwater kayak on top of a toyota and climbing in covered in fish guts.... I am a true believer in Toyota, but just couldn't justify the extra cost.

If it helps at all, I went back to an 04 model, as any AT frontier between 05 and 09 is *garbage*... apparently there's a huge known problem where they start dumping coolant into the oil and vice versa.

A solid 4x4 frontier is pretty rare (esp in MT as I prefer) but this one has been a dream and less than $6k with 100k miles....(watched craiglist for 3 mos and had to drive to bakersfield by the time I found it)

Took it up to big bear in crazy icy roads without chains or snow tires, and the all-terrains did fine in 4WH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A08166D0-958E-48D7-B024-534082E28464.jpg (85.2 KB, 27 views)
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote