Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2015, 07:33 AM   #61
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
cove is a mushburger. surf blacks or GTFO

edit: also having surfed la jolla my entire life, i dove the outer kelp a month ago and the current was so strong when i got off my kayak i was 30 yards away within seconds. its a lot different in open water guy. You surf horseshoe? thats cool....theres channels on both sides and the inner reef is forgiving as well. you must not fish often if you've never seen so much current that the kelp disappears. its cool though, keep talking like you didn't just pick up a kayak and luck into some yt in the easiest year to catch one in your lifetime.
I wonder how many 2014/15 kayaks will be for sale by mid summer next year. These years are def. good for second hand products. A couple years ago the gulf coast experienced some of the best land based fishing available. Sharks, tarpon and sails. Last year you could take your pick of all the slightly used gear you wanted.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #62
octico

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowprofile View Post
I wonder how many 2014/15 kayaks will be for sale by mid summer next year. These years are def. good for second hand products. A couple years ago the gulf coast experienced some of the best land based fishing available. Sharks, tarpon and sails. Last year you could take your pick of all the slightly used gear you wanted.
I was thinking the same thing. I want on quite of a few trips over the summer. I saw a bunch guys with brand new Talicas,Trinidads, Avets etc and they had no clue how to use them. If this summer is as slow as it was a few years ago we should see some great deals on Craigslist.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:08 AM   #63
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I want on quite of a few trips over the summer. I saw a bunch guys with brand new Talicas,Trinidads, Avets etc and they had no clue how to use them. If this summer is as slow as it was a few years ago we should see some great deals on Craigslist.
Careful buying lever drags from guys who are clearly new to the game. Often times they don't know how to properly set the presets and can cause damage to the reel. Easy fixes but sometimes you end up paying the same as new in the long run.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #64
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post

I can't count the times that tony and I have talked about this. Let's see everyone try and catch a yellow the same time next year when El Niño is gone.

I like to compare this to the guys that bought the Harley Dyna's with the drag bars shortly after the the show Sons of Anarchy became a hit. I recall talking to a Harley mechanic who said they couldn't keep those bikes on the showroom floors long enough for the oil to settle. I'm sure those bikes will be a dime a dozen in another year.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:21 AM   #65
Jim Sammons LJKF

You can always check the Torrey Pines Glider port page for real time wind reports before you leave the house. I check it most days before leaving the house. If it is blowing 10mph at 4:30 am I usually go back to bed. I hate the fn wind.
http://w9if.net/cgi-bin/torreywx/wx.pl
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:42 PM   #66
the dude

or NOAA (the only reliable report IMO) light and variable becoming 10 at noon is what you want. Anything else and stay home.