Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2015, 03:10 PM   #21
GregAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfphoto View Post
Awesome informative video.

So this video tells me that my baits where probably checked out by ten thousand yellowtail this year for the dozen I caught

When do we get to see the flyline mackerel / Yellowtail video?
I will leave that to the Water Wolf guys. I am content to scour the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
Are you using a three way swivel? I see a black square where your lines join but I can't figure out what it is. Sometimes it looks like your bait is swimming but others the bait looks dead. I know this is video over three months so the baits are in different time frames. The school of yellowtail was nuts and not one bit the bait. It appeared at some times that you were slowly drifting and dragging the bait. I appreciate the time you took to do this and then share it here.
I do use a 3-way swivel, but you don't often see it. The black thing you are seeing is the release clip from my downrigger. There are lots of issues getting a bait down and swimming properly with all this other crap to deal with. Then you have to keep it swimming well until you decide to bring it all back up and reset. Front hooks turn and trap hooks catch on the leader. Then there are the Cormorants, Octopus, Lizzard Fish and Sea Lions that like to taste your bait. Among a bunch of other things like the bait being so hyper that it kills itself yanking on your sinker.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #22
Harry Hill

downrigger, that is why it looks like you are trolling in some of the shots. I don't think I would record that anymore though, it was making me crazy to see all those fish check out your bait and then ignore it, especially that school of YT. I've watched trout do the same thing in fresh water and that drives me crazy also.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:01 PM   #23
HobieScot

YT on the bottom.

I used to think there were only a few fish in the sea when I used to only fish with rod n reel. Then I started diving a free diving and saw for myself that there are fish every damn where all the time

The only time you jump in and see nothing is when you are in deeeeeeeaaaaaap water

But if you are in 100 - 200 feet of water within a 1/4 mile of shore there are always fish around

Sometimes less sometimes more. But they are there. Unless it's a red tide situation

I couldn't believe how I wasn't catching fish on every drop after I saw that

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk
HobieScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:29 PM   #24
TheBentRod

Greg, thank you for the footage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote