Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Good Luck everyone

Thanks to everyone that has entered the 9th annual Steve Moyer Memorial. I wish I could be there for the event but the date change screwed me and I won't be back in town until that night.
I wish everyone that enters the best of luck.

Matt and I have been discussing this and at this point it looks like this will be the last year for the event, which makes missing it that much tougher.
The tournament takes a lot of time and effort to put on each year and while the tournament is very close to our hearts, the lack of support this year has really made us question whether this is something the kayak fishing community wants to get behind, enough to make it worth the effort.
Matt and I both have two kids and full time jobs, and with my time on the road it is very tough to make the time to work on the tournament. With the low turn out this year we question whether our time investment is really worthwhile. It may be best if we just continue to personally support the ACS and let the kayak fishing community do as they see fit.

These may just be the ramblings of frustration right now and we may change our minds but for now this is how we are feeling.

So with that, I hope you all enjoy and do well in the Final Steve Moyer Memorial.
Thanks again to all of you that have supported this event each year and have helped us help others in our kayak fishing community.

Jim Sammons and Family
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
h2ofishfo

wtf dam that sucks love that tourney & everything its about
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
Rock Hopper

Sorry to hear that, Jim. Sorry this has been so frustrating for you. The SMMT was something I had planned on making a yearly migration for and, starting next year, bringing my family to. I hope the procrastinators turn up in force and make this a great event that you can't possibly let wither away.

If not, then I'm sure we all respect your decision.

FWIW - NCKA's tournaments are open to all. If any of you ever need a reason to head up North the Albion, Shelter Cove, and Red Barn Tournaments are all off the hook every year, with members coming from as far away as Idaho to attand.

Hopefully we can get Jim to come fish one of them sometime.
Rock Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
bellcon

Bummer Jim,

Like Rock said, hope a large number of late comers sign up soon.
Nothing but respect for all you Matt and your family's do to make this happen.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
YakMedic

Wow, I respect what you and Matt both do to bring this tournament together. I am hopeful that this will not be the last time it is held, however I understand the frustration associated with these types of events.

Both of you have done a great job in the past and I'm sure this year will be awesome as well. Thank You for all your hard work and dedication.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
Kailolo

Sad Day

Another sad day in the life of SoCal tournament kayak fishing. Well it was a good decade run. Plastic Navy, OEX, SWK, ...
Thanks for the hard work and volunteer spirit Jim and family. Glad we could help a few folks in need along the way.
Kailolo is offline   Reply With Quote