Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
Yakly

Thoughts on Smart Track Toe Pilot Foot Controls

I've been thinking about installing a rudder system on my X Factor and wondering what you guys think of the Smart Track system?????? I don't want to lose the feel of the stock support and I definately don't want to have soft peddles/support.

They're offering the whole system for $219 so it's about the same price as everything else out there. I also looked at the COD system offered by OEX but I don't care for the track system.

Any thoughts????? I need some direction!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
YakMedic

The FeelFree Moken rudder is the Smart Track toe system and I love it. You get the bracing ability of standard footrests and a toe rudder control. I'm not sure about the kit for the x-factor but on my FeelFree the rudder does not fully retract on top of the deck. When you pull it out of the water it sticks up in the air. It's not a big deal but for some they prefer a fully retractable rudder that lays flat on the deck.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
Yakly

Cool, I'm not all that concerned about it fully retracting just having the support and toe peddle controls. Austin Kayak has the complete system with peddles and rudder for $219 as it's supposed to work on rear mount rudder systems. I probably need to give them a call to make sure though.