Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
yakfisher
Junior

Ares Armor

Since there isn't an "Off topic" area, I'll post this here. It's worth a read if you support the 1st Amendment and a great local Armory.

http://aresarmor.com/store/NewsArtic...cal-Government

yakfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfisher View Post
Since there isn't an "Off topic" area, I'll post this here. It's worth a read if you support the 1st Amendment and a great local Armory.

http://aresarmor.com/store/NewsArtic...cal-Government

From the citation it "appears" to be about permits and sign placement. not content. (which there is nothing wrong with).

Last edited by Sdspeed; 01-24-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
StinkyMatt

The city is enforcing its building/ zoning codes.

They have every right to do what they are doing.

I do not see anything wrong with the city's action.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:42 AM   #4
GregAndrew

Idk, I am no lawyer, but it seems to me that they may have a case. The sign has been there for 90 years with multiple owners that were not required to tear it down. That sounds like selective enforcement to me. Hell, the sign may pre-exist the law and be grandfathered in somehow. Also, there is no mention in the citation on how to make the sign conforming, which it states can rectify the situation? And 3 days to appeal a sign that has been there for 90 years, really?
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:56 AM   #5
easyday

I love ares armor they hooked it up with lots of gear I needed for deployment and the owners are all vets themselves, awesome really nice guys. Also they make some bad @$$ guns.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:25 AM   #6
Lipripper92592

They have my business now, thanks for the heads up. This is purely political and to think that a city can dictate the content of a sign and I'm not talking about nudity or cursing for a private business /activity is ridiculous. I don't thing the city likes that fact that 80%'s are legal and they are advertising such.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #7
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Weren't these the guys that got 80% build parties banned in CA because they invited the media in? Thanks guys. You thought this was a good idea considering the current anti-gun climate in the media?

These guys registered SenatorFeinstein.com and pointed it to their site. Thanks guys for poking the hornets nest.

Now they are publicly making a stink about their sign, which happens to be advertising unregistered ARs. Thanks guys. Try working with the city through your lawyers before you make a media headline.

I put a lot of blame on them for SB808 which will end homebuilds as we know them in CA, and retroactively make every 80% owner a criminal unless they they register them.

They seem to be very irresponsible with their advertising and now if 808 passes all Californians will have to pay. At least they made some money though, right?
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

I vaguely remember hearing about a bar in Hunt. Beach that had a similar issue over a POW billboard. might want to have them link up.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #9
easyday

I love ares and they are bold about what they do and dont hold back. They are Marine vets and I wouldn't expect any less. Nobody can blame them for the current situation in Ca we can blame the people before us for not doing what they are doing and standing up for the rights we have and making it public on how absolutely ridiculous the laws and our political system has become.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:52 PM   #10
StinkyMatt

We the people elect "those" people.

Maybe some of us are not part of the majority "we".

Cali may not be the best environment for gun owners....I think we all know that.
Get used to it, otherwise you will become very frustrated.

Or move.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #11
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

WOW. The ATF has a raid planned on Ares Armor and is threatening to shut them down if they don't hand over the names of the customers they sold a new type of 80% lowers to. 80%'s aren't illegal and there's no law saying you have to tell the government about your home-built weapons. ATF is deciding that these new 80%'s are illegal. Lets see where this goes.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/03/12/g...#axzz2vp5sScOR

Last edited by alanw; 03-12-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:57 PM   #12
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
I vaguely remember hearing about a bar in Hunt. Beach that had a similar issue over a POW billboard. might want to have them link up.

Yep. Johnnys bar in hb. I can't believe a pow sign would offend people

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:06 AM   #13
blitzburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Idk, I am no lawyer, but it seems to me that they may have a case. The sign has been there for 90 years with multiple owners that were not required to tear it down. That sounds like selective enforcement to me. Hell, the sign may pre-exist the law and be grandfathered in somehow. Also, there is no mention in the citation on how to make the sign conforming, which it states can rectify the situation? And 3 days to appeal a sign that has been there for 90 years, really?
^^^^This
Old 03-13-2014, 07:41 AM   #14
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
We the people elect "those" people.

Maybe some of us are not part of the majority "we".

Cali may not be the best environment for gun owners....I think we all know that.
Get used to it, otherwise you will become very frustrated.

Or move.
Matt. Really? What happened to the second amendment? Our for fathers fought tyranny so that we can be free people. WE have the right to bear arms. "This get used to it" is CR*P. Look at the fishing situation it's the same "we" that think a fishing pole is just like a gun. They are both tools. you can do bad things with both. A citizen has the right to own a gun and a fishing pole, a peasent cannot.

Right to bear arms: any arms, as long as you are a law abiding USA citizen.

When the sh*t hits the fan, The first thing that everyone wants is a firearm. The second is food.

Please feel free to become a citizen. Even in Cali

Cheers!

Steve
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #15
momo fish

Seriously I left BD because of this crap. The only thing I want to read about on here is about shooting fish not political thoughts about guns cause it will never end. End of my rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #16
Carp
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
WOW. The ATF has a raid planned on Ares Armor and is threatening to shut them down if they don't hand over the names of the customers they sold a new type of 80% lowers to. 80%'s aren't illegal and there's no law saying you have to tell the government about your home-built weapons. ATF is deciding that these new 80%'s are illegal. Lets see where this goes.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/03/12/g...#axzz2vp5sScOR
This has happened before with previous 80% ar15 style lowers.
Back in the day all you had to do was drill a few holes (no milling) and thread the buffer tube.

It seems when 80% receivers get to mainstream the ATF decides to change the rules.

Now w/ that being said each manufacture of 80% lowers has to send a sample to the ATF for evaluation if the ATF rubber stamps it an 80% lower then it's good. Any changes to an existing "approved lower" ie material then it's all for approval again.

I hope everything works out for ares they really are great guys.

Last edited by Carp; 03-13-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #17
Hondatom

Support them with business and with your voice. Be vocal in your support of all that is 2nd amendment.
If you fail to stand for their rights just because it does not seam to affect you. It will only be a matter if time before your rights will be taken from you.
Our government is on a witch hunt for guns that the government is afraid of. Why would a government be afraid of guns? Because guns prevent the government from becoming too powerful.
Remember, Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely! When you surrender your guns to the government, the government has absolute power!

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

It is written in plain English! It is our right to keep and bear arms.
Hondatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #18
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carp View Post
It seems when 80% receivers get to mainstream the ATF decides to change the rules.

Now w/ that being said each manufacture of 80% lowers has to send a sample to the ATF for evaluation if the ATF rubber stamps it an 80% lower then it's good. Any changes to an existing "approved lower" ie material then it's all for approval again.
That's the problem, Ares started selling a new type of "jigless" lower that has never been approved. ATF says they are illegal but it's too late, Ares has already sold thousands of them. Now ATF wants the names of those people that purchased the illegal lowers from Ares.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #19
blitzburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Seriously I left BD because of this crap. The only thing I want to read about on here is about shooting fish not political thoughts about guns cause it will never end. End of my rant.
I Can see where this topic may annoy some that come here looking for fish related topics. For me however, I see it as one in the same as the MLPA railroad job that was done to us. Same people…same agenda. If they have it their way, in the near future, you’ll be visiting other forums discussing the good ol’ days… when it was legal to fish, period.fficeffice" />>>
Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #20
LawDog

This is exactly why you buy your 80% lower in cash. Then you can buy your whole gun, cash only. No proof whatsoever you own it. Ammo, the same way. The hardest part is to not spread all over forums and social media that you own guns and a round or two
LawDog is offline   Reply With Quote