Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2022, 06:16 AM   #1
FISH11

La Jolla 4-30-2022 on the Solo Skiff

With all the roller coaster weather patterns, that keep bringing higher surf and higher winds, it's been really annoying to not be able to surf launch at La Jolla as regular as I like. If the weather wasn't a big enough challenge, the fishing has been very slow. Yesterday, Saturday, there were a lot more boats and kayaks then during the week, yet I was surprised at how almost everyone's first question was "did you make any bait", it was a very unusual. I can't remember a day when so many could not make bait. As on other slow fishing days, I like to make sure I still enjoy the privilege of getting to be on the water, with the beautiful background of La Jolla. Thanks for watching.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:16 AM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Looks like the Dolphins gave you some fun company. Time on the water.... keep em coming Mark!
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 02:54 PM   #3
Nobody

Did it look or smell like red tide?
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 04:29 PM   #4
FISH11

There was some plankton slick and then there were area that did not have anything on the surface, but the water was caca brown. I did not notice any smell. I though that it might be a red tide but it was in smaller areas. I just got back from LJ, I went again today and the surf at sunrise had some big set mixed in like Saturday. I did not see that brown water today and spent 1/2 the time north of the pier and fished Torrey Pines and west of the Cove. Made 7 large Greenback and metered some individual marks, but got no hits. Wind got up a little and had very large roller early, which layed down by 10:30. I saw a story that in Cancun they are having a huge problem with an algae on the beaches and it's so much they have to use Heavy Equipment and it smells.